What Is Our Brand???

Hookset

25 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

…couldn't care less what people driving by think. 

You should. The school and administration want our Logo to be instantly recognizable. What better way to show it off. 
I am not saying people shouldn’t use the “unofficial logo”. I actually fly the green Texas flag under my UNT flag at my tailgate.

Our Diving Eagle is unique to our university and what a great place to proudly show it off than a giant flag in front of our stadium.

Just saying…

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

We have a problem that most schools don’t have.  Our mascot is an Eagle but our nickname is Mean Green.  Schools that use a bulldog mascot are called Bulldogs.  Schools that use a longhorn are, Longhorns.  Schools that use an elephant are called Crimson Tide ?

I wish we would steer away from Eagle and concentrate on the unique Mean Green.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

32 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

We have a problem that most schools don’t have.  Our mascot is an Eagle but our nickname is Mean Green.  Schools that use a bulldog mascot are called Bulldogs.  Schools that use a longhorn are, Longhorns.  Schools that use an elephant are called Crimson Tide ?

This just brings up my point.

What is our Brand???

The university says it is our Diving Eagle.

Use it.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, Hookset said:

The green state flag looks high schoolish.

You probably feel that way because so many high schools and colleges in Texas have used the Texas flag but with their colors on merchandise. For some reason we decided to make ours an official part of our branding. I don’t mind it, but anyone who didn’t go to UNT probably just views it as another knock off Texas flag.  

• Upvote 3

Never thought of it until now, but how about the battle flag with the SOW on it?  If I actually saw one I might not like it, but…maybe???

FWIW I’m a fan of both the battle flag and the SOW.  I like the flying worm as a retro logo, but everything else I could do without.  Oh, and I do like the font of the “North Texas” that lwe use.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Hookset said:

Better than “fire the coach because we lost a game that everyone thought we would lose before the season started” talk.

GMG!!!

Firstly... that is because our Defense deserved to win that game had we had a decent offense and some college level play-calling.  I never thought we would win against SMU at Ford but what I saw in the first half was a failure, by the offense, to capitalize on turnover after turnover after stop.  

Secondly... the Battle Flag is the shit and it needs to stay.  I am waiting till my first home-game of the year to swing by the stadium shop to pick one up for my car.

18 minutes ago, NT93 said:

Never thought of it until now, but how about the battle flag with the SOW on it?  If I actually saw one I might not like it, but…maybe???

FWIW I’m a fan of both the battle flag and the SOW.  I like the flying worm as a retro logo, but everything else I could do without.  Oh, and I do like the font of the “North Texas” that lwe use.

Sooo something like these?

image.png.42722a03da7273dea6cc754cb1eb9eef.png

image.png.ffbdacac8c9f268fd0de6c99c57938be.png

image.png.c7fb10c34a9c70a926dda6eab21d8470.png

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, greenjoe said:

Having a moniker that is different from the mascot is not a problem.  The problem is that no one from generation to generation wants to agree on what to emphasize.  We swing back and froth between Eagles and Mean Green, and like to dance erratically along the green color spectrum for our official colors.

I miss the toothpaste green.

• Upvote 2