Ford vs Apogee

meangreenbob

I don't know if you read my post a few days ago but Saturday night was literally, and I say this with no UNT bias, LITERALLY the worst sporting event experience I've ever had. Their parking sucks. Their PA sucks. Their gate entry lines were like a mile long. Their fans suck - okay that is the bias slipping through, but it's true. Lol. 

Their bleachers are uncomfortable. So are ours but I have season tickets and cushions so teehee.

Everything about GF sucks. It's an awful college stadium and I genuinely hated my experience there regardless of my fan affiliation.

I don't LOVE Apogee but it's miles better.

• Upvote 4

Aesthetically I like the classic look of Ford and the Wing is cheesy to me.  That said, airflow, traffic flow, concessions, etc all Apogee for me.  Hopefully the new athletic building moving closer to the south end zone and housing some suites or something will close things in a little better.  The wing just looks like a monstrosity to me and a building closer to the field on the south side will at least balance that out some.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NM Green said:

Not even close. Apogee is a gem and Ford is starting to have that cotton bowl corridor look. How can that team not be prepared for a full house practically at the gates and concessions? How can there not be roaming beer vendors? How can there not be pop up beverage and snack stations all around the stadium triple what was organized. They had one job and 2 years to plan for it. I don’t get it.

Made me appreciate Denton, Apogee and being a Mean Green alum so much more. 

see y’all Saturday 

GMG

The concourses at Ford are too narrow for pop-up vendors. They would just add to the pedestrian traffic jam. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, tmjerm said:

Aesthetically I like the classic look of Ford and the Wing is cheesy to me.  That said, airflow, traffic flow, concessions, etc all Apogee for me.  Hopefully the new athletic building moving closer to the south end zone and housing some suites or something will close things in a little better.  The wing just looks like a monstrosity to me and a building closer to the field on the south side will at least balance that out some.  

I’ve always thought the wing was kinda silly looking. It’s a great stadium but that part is cheesy. I know it can be taken down in an expansion and I wish that would happen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

10 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

I’ve always thought the wing was kinda silly looking. It’s a great stadium but that part is cheesy. I know it can be taken down in an expansion and I wish that would happen. 

The wing sets the stadium apart from others, that basically all look the same. 

I didn't think it was cheesy. but more silly.  However, my view has changed and now I see it has a design element that makes the stadium unique.

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1

On 9/14/2021 at 5:04 PM, Rudy said:

Parking: Apogee

Tailgate: Apogee

Acoustics: Apogee

Sightlines: Apogee 

Airflow: Apogee 

Concessions: Apogee

Seriously, if your company does drug testing, you may want to call in for a few days. 

Parking: Apogee

Tailgate: Apogee

Acoustics: Apogee Push...I can't in good faith say ours is better. It's awful.

Sightlines: Apogee 

Airflow: Apogee Push...I think this might depend on where you're sitting. I can't really tell a difference. 

Concessions: Apogee

I'll add that I would give Ford an advantage in exterior aesthetics. It fits in seamlessly with the campus.   

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1