12 point dogs at home

emmitt01

I personally think this spread is too high.  This team has potential but potential doesn't necessarily translate into success.  Outside of about 3 or 4 plays, we were lock step with SMU going into the 4th quarter.  Had we scored touchdowns instead of settling for field goals in the first half, it would have been a totally different ball game.  But, we didn't make the big plays and/or convert when we had to and SMU did.  Plain and simple.  If, and that's a big if, we make the big plays when we they count the most, we can outright win this game, much less cover the spread.  But we have to negate the big play touchdowns and score touchdowns on offense instead kicking for three.  

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, StealthEagle84 said:

I personally think this spread is too high.  This team has potential but potential doesn't necessarily translate into success.  Outside of about 3 or 4 plays, we were lock step with SMU going into the 4th quarter.  Had we scored touchdowns instead of settling for field goals in the first half, it would have been a totally different ball game.  But, we didn't make the big plays and/or convert when we had to and SMU did.  Plain and simple.  If, and that's a big if, we make the big plays when we they count the most, we can outright win this game, much less cover the spread.  But we have to negate the big play touchdowns and score touchdowns on offense instead kicking for three.  

And stop with the stupid mistakes and penalties.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, StealthEagle84 said:

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, wouldn't it be a Green Christmas?

15 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

We're going to be dogs the entire season if we don't start Aune.

Ah found the small group of delusional people that think a guy that has yet to prove he can truly start more than 2 games in a row, should start in a huge conference game. Makes sense

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Ah found the small group of delusional people that think a guy that has yet to prove he can truly start more than 2 games in a row, should start in a huge conference game. Makes sense

Maybe I heard it on the MGRN, but someone (somewhere) said QB Jace Ruder has really only been in Denton for 2 months?  Jeez!  Then he starts against a school the other night who is far superior in portal recruiting & selling their “Pony-Up” product?  I hope we will catch up in all phases up in Denton since PonyKingdom seems to be our role model?  (I know—BITE MY 👅 TONGUE)! 🙃

If only 2 months, then the guy has absorbed much in so little time without the luxury of being here during Spring Football & so my take is to just give him more than 2 games to develop in being— “the QB” who can get us back to winning. 

I think even a Mean Green fan novice would know that North Carolina’s Mack Brown first recruited Jace Ruder so the young man had to have something.  I look forward to watching him develop even more this Saturday at fabulous Apogee Stadium, but 500 yards offense (even with only 12 points) shows his future games will be vertical in getting yardage—we just need more points & I’d wager J.R. knows that more than anyone.

❇️🦅❇️ BEAT THE SNOT OUT OF USB!  

Edited by PlummMeanGreen