Depth

GreenGang45

Before the season I seen a lot of people talk about that this team will have the most depth that we had in a while. In the first two games I have not seen that depth. I watched SMU roll groups of all positions in and out on defense and we only rotated the interior D line I believe. And we ended up paying for it in the 2nd half when our guys were gassed and cramping every other series. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I know some players weren’t at the game, but Dline rotation was pretty dang solid. Lot of guys getting snaps and making plays. Rod Brown, Enoch Jackson, Novil, Colvin, Murphy Twins, Kropp etc

Linebackers as well, but it seemed the secondary was thin. Linebackers got some fumble recoveries and forced fumbles. Kevin Wood and KD Davis made some nice plays.

Overall, it wasn’t that bad. I think we see more next week though

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I know some players weren’t at the game, but Dline rotation was pretty dang solid. Lot of guys getting snaps and making plays. Rod Brown, Enoch Jackson, Novil, Colvin, Murphy Twins, Kropp etc

Linebackers as well, but it seemed the secondary was thin. Linebackers got some fumble recoveries and forced fumbles. Kevin Wood and KD Davis made some nice plays.

Overall, it wasn’t that bad. I think we see more next week though

You said a lot of guys got snaps and then named 6 D lineman. lol we’re 4 down now. Besides brown and jackson nobody else really played. The ACU transfer got a couple reps and the Ok state got in cause both twins was cramping other than that nobody else rotated on defense . We got the kid from rice who was suppose to be good. I haven’t seen him yet. I haven’t seen Dotson ,McRae,Leblanc ,or rausaw 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, GreenGang45 said:

You said a lot of guys got snaps and then named 6 D lineman. lol we’re 4 down now. Besides brown and jackson nobody else really played. The ACU transfer got a couple reps and the Ok state got in cause both twins was cramping other than that nobody else rotated on defense . We got the kid from rice who was suppose to be good. I haven’t seen him yet. I haven’t seen Dotson ,McRae,Leblanc ,or rausaw 

That’s why I said etc, I’m not gonna name every single player that appeared onto the field.

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

SMU played 11 more players than us.  The only area I am concerned about is depth in the secondary.

True for injuries in the secondary, not normal play. You’ll see extremely high snap counts for the secondary even in the NFL. It’s unusual to see much rotation amongst secondary other than rolling out different packages. 

• Upvote 2