UAB and La Tech are MUST WINS

TheReal_jayD

I agree.  Let’s see a Dickey-esque conference run and then talk about the future.  That would help answer any questions.  A .500 team that’s  where they’ve plateaued historically  so unless we see a few good conference wins it’ll be the same ol’ story.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Here we are in year six of the Seth Littrell era which once gave us hope he was gonna tee it high and let if fly… now it’s more like run it in the ground. IMHO I think the next 2 weeks are the biggest two games in Seth’s tenure. We all know his record in bowl games, rivalry games, teams with winning records and game when your QB isn’t name Mason Fine.. for you that’s been under a rock it not good… 

But I honestly believe the next two game will determine Seth future at UNT. We go 2-0 and I think Seth buys himself another year. 1-1 and his chances aren’t the best. 0-2 and I believe the era is over. We will be looking at a 1-5 start. I don’t see how he can keep his job in such a crucial time with conference alignment. I wouldn’t be surprised if Wren didn’t already have a list of replacements in mind. 

Get ready for stringing it out more then.    I think both of these games are going to be close.   But I think we're only getting one of them (don't know which one).

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Get ready for stringing it out more then.    I think both of these games are going to be close.   But I think we're only getting one of them (don't know which one).

I don’t think we match up with either of them very well. They are both big and physical up front and have just whipped us at the LoS for the last 3 years. Heck, even in our good years, we either barely beat them (2017—Won both combined by 5 points) or still got beat (2018) by both. They have great coaches. We don’t. It’s sadly that simple…

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2

2 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I don’t think we match up with either of them very well. They are both big and physical up front and have just whipped us at the LoS for the last 3 years. Heck, even in our good years, we either barely beat them (2017—Won both combined by 5 points) or still got beat (2018) by both. They have great coaches. We don’t. It’s sadly that simple…

My prediction definitely relies on Torrey's health.    He's not ready to go, we aren't winning either of these games.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 2

This weekend comes down to which team can overcome a loss the best. Living in the Bham area UAB took this loss hard. They are questioning coaches and player tug decisions. With this being a night game a packed Stadium can rattle UAB. I can see CPB coming up with a game plan to rattle their QB the same way UGA did. If we can hit the deep ball we can win this thing.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Here we are in year six of the Seth Littrell era which once gave us hope he was gonna tee it high and let if fly… now it’s more like run it in the ground. IMHO I think the next 2 weeks are the biggest two games in Seth’s tenure. We all know his record in bowl games, rivalry games, teams with winning records and game when your QB isn’t name Mason Fine.. for you that’s been under a rock it not good… 

But I honestly believe the next two game will determine Seth future at UNT. We go 2-0 and I think Seth buys himself another year. 1-1 and his chances aren’t the best. 0-2 and I believe the era is over. We will be looking at a 1-5 start. I don’t see how he can keep his job in such a crucial time with conference alignment. I wouldn’t be surprised if Wren didn’t already have a list of replacements in mind. 

I don’t see how we don’t win 1 of these 2

UAB is playing their 3rd straight road game, banged up and lost confidence against #2 UGA last week, and if we look at how we played defensively, it should be a lower scoring battle.

La Tech allowed 500+ yards against Southeastern Louisiana last week and won by 5. Thats a winnable game if we start fast and get the offense back on track.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

My prediction definitely relies on Torrey's health.    He's not ready to go, we aren't winning either of these games.

We need to score the f'n touchdowns.  Torrey can fly up and down the field all day for us, but if we don't follow through with the 6 points his presence won't mean much for the W.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, greenminer said:

We need to score the f'n touchdowns.  Torrey can fly up and down the field all day for us, but if we don't follow through with the 6 points his presence won't mean much for the W.

Right.   I trust Torrey to get those tough yards a little more than I do Ragsdale or Johnson though.

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

They gave up over 300 rushing yards to KU and almost 500 yards of offense to CMU.  They look to have a pretty steady QB and a RB that went for a little over 200 vs. CMU but was held to 61 by KU

You had me a little confused there.  Just to clarify, Kansas is KU; Kentucky is UK.

10 hours ago, Coach_1976 said:

This weekend comes down to which team can overcome a loss the best. Living in the Bham area UAB took this loss hard. They are questioning coaches and player tug decisions. With this being a night game a packed Stadium can rattle UAB. I can see CPB coming up with a game plan to rattle their QB the same way UGA did. If we can hit the deep ball we can win this thing.

Yes I agree.  Clark has been so successful that they haven’t had to be down that often.  With Seth we’ve had lots of issues with being down over the past 6 years.

It is simple.  We have to hit downfield throws in these next two games.  And they need to go for TDs.

We had receivers running free repeatedly in that first half Saturday but could never hit them.  At least 2 missed TDs  in the first couple of drives alone.  The plays are there to be made.

Ruder now has two games of tape out there that say he can’t complete these throws.  If he figures it out we become a very good team overnight.  If not, we continue to struggle.

Edited by TIgreen01
  • Upvote 3