Get a Grip

We have the most overpaid coach in FBS Division. He has more in facilities than anyone else in history. Yet his recruiting classes have no size nor any speed. Sonny Dykes is killing us both in the portal and in metroplex recruiting . Seth reminds me of Tony Benford as a first time head coach. W/O Graham Harrell he is in WAAAY over his head. As Dykes said SMU was their own worst enemy in the first half. Once their offense came alive near halftime our defense showed the same slowness and ineptness it has in the entire Littrell era. The QB is adequate at best. Kason Martin was a near State Champion with his father as Manvel's coach. He has gotten zero opportunity here. The few times he has been allowed to play he threw a TD in each of the last two bowl games. Personally I hope he enters the portal goes to La Tech AND KICKS OUR ASS NEXT YEAR. AS WAS THE CASE WITH SPENCER STACK YEARS AGO IF YOU PLAY IN A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP DON'T GO TO NORTH TEXAS. It is the kiss of death. Another tidbit for all you Mason Fine worshipers. He was nothing W/O Graham Harrell and even with him who did he ever beat that was worth a crap? Florida and FAU handled him with ease, and he coughed up the ball when in NOLA Bowl and for Troy the rout was on. USU embarrassed us in NM Bowl. He lost to Old Dominion and Charlotte blowing big leads in each game. He had the opportunity to play 11 and 12 game seasons for four years. Derrick Thompson and Steve Ramsey set all those records in three years against better opposition. Fine seemed to constantly have pulled hamstring, etc. Scott Hall played with no carttilege (sp) in his knees and won four conference championships. Fine was better than adequate, but he never deserved the worship our fans gave him. I would have been glad to have U of H's Clayton Tune in his place. BTW Tune out played Fine as well the one time they met.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 6

2 minutes ago, DallasGreen said:

We have the most overpaid coach in FBS Division. He has more in facilities than anyone else in history. Yet his recruiting classes have no size nor any speed. Sonny Dykes is killing us both in the portal and in metroplex recruiting . Seth reminds me of Tony Benford as a first time head coach. W/O Graham Harrell he is in WAAAY over his head. As Dykes said SMU was their own worst enemy in the first half. Once their offense came alive near halftime our defense showed the same slowness and ineptness it has in the entire Littrell era. The QB is adequate at best. Kason Martin was a near State Champion with his father as Manvel's coach. He has gotten zero opportunity here. The few times he has been allowed to play he threw a TD in each of the last two bowl games. Personally I hope he enters the portal goes to La Tech AND KICKS OUR ASS NEXT YEAR. AS WAS THE CASE WITH SPENCER STACK YEARS AGO IF YOU PLAY IN A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP DON'T GO TO NORTH TEXAS. It is the kiss of death. Another tidbit for all you Mason Fine worshipers. He was nothing W/O Graham Harrell and even with him who did he ever beat that was worth a crap? Florida and FAU handled him with ease, and he coughed up the ball when in NOLA Bowl and for Troy the rout was on. USU embarrassed us in NM Bowl. He lost to Old Dominion and Charlotte blowing big leads in each game. He had the opportunity to play 11 and 12 game seasons for four years. Derrick Thompson and Steve Ramsey set all those records in three years against better opposition. Fine seemed to constantly have pulled hamstring, etc. Scott Hall played with no carttilege (sp) in his knees and won four conference championships. Fine was better than adequate, but he never deserved the worship our fans gave him. I would have been glad to have U of H's Clayton Tune in his place. BTW Tune out played Fine as well the one time they met.

2 things. Dana Holgorsen is getting paid like 4 million a year to be below average, and there are way more coaches that are overpaid.

Seth is far better in everything compared to Benford. That’s incomparable

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

2 things. Dana Holgorsen is getting paid like 4 million a year to be below average, and there are way more coaches that are overpaid.

Seth is far better in everything compared to Benford. That’s incomparable

Just because someone else is worse off doesn’t make us good. Just because we are better than someone else doesn’t make us good. 

there’s a lot of logical fallacies here. In the larger population, Seth is just not good no matter the paycheck or comparison.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 4

13 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

This is where we're at as a program under a 6-year head coach... 24-point moral victory drubbings. Yay us. 

It’s amazing—as I told you many years ago, this place will drive you insane and you’ll find yourself wondering just what are reasonable expectations and what you as an alum should do when those expectations aren’t reached, which frankly is most of the time. Now you know why most alums who even attempt to care about the program will eventually walk away to find their favorite power team to adopt and we are perpetually stuck at that 2% figure for alumni support of our athletic department.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

20 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Press coverage! How many years have been asking for this type of defense? Bad news your give the qb time he will find someone open. Good news is Mor will be the best qb we face this year. GMG 

I have some bad news for you.

Malik Willis, Liberty

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2

22 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Where am I saying this is a morale victory? All I’m saying is, y’all are overreacting way too much. You can’t always look at the negatives in everything, when we played significantly better than anyone thought.

We played exactly like everyone thought. It's why they were favored to win by 22.5 and they won by 23. It's literally EXACTLY how we were expected to do. That's a pretty low expectation. Saying "we played well even though we got blown out" is the definition of a moral victory.

How do you say anything positive about getting beat by 3 TDs? Getting beat by 3 TDs is better than getting beat by 4 TDs? I mean...I guess technically the math works out.

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1