I think I’m done for the season

Tom McKrackin

While I don't agree with Tom, I respect his right to choose. Every fan gets to decide when they've had their fill. Remember, When a sizable portion of our fan base quit on the team RV was replaced with Wren.

I'm not going to debate whether of not Littrell should remain our coach. It is very early in the season and we have more important things to occupy our attention.

The simple truth is... if our team could have finished with a closer loss (maybe 34-21), most of this arguing (sky is falling talk) wouldn't be occurring. Winning solves everything, and that responsibility falls on the coaches.

On the bright side, I do think we have a solid chance of beating UAB at home next Saturday and competing for the C-USA West title. We should move on and focus on that.

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

You guys take care and I wish you all the best.  I see no hope for the future so long as our current coach is in the lead.  It pains me to see our Alma mater struggle so mightily.  It didn’t have to be this way.  We are year 6 in the regime and still getting beaten like a step child by our cross town rivals.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115f026f0ce4f8ff021e

But seriously, @Tom McKrackin, I see you only joined GMG on June 23, 2020.  I don't know how long ago you were a student, but how did you stay a fan during all of the losing seasons before this?

Edited by Stix
I can't believe no one posted the "Well... bye" gif before me!
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 2

And excerpt from my new book "fifty shades of green"

"...the quarterback slowly and delicately ran the ball 2 yards for a 3rd and 8th before being swallowed passionately by the rush defender. As he laid in this back, stars in this eyes and sweat dripping down his thick, red, kneck, he whispered to the coach 'lets do it again'.  But the wide receiver looked deeply into his lit up eyes and reminded him it was his turn. 'I want you to hit me right in the chest. And it want you to watch me drop it'. "

Stay tuned for more of the new York times next bestseller

Edited by Udomann
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Oh Boy! 2

3 hours ago, Cooley said:

I think we pay the football coaches too much money and continue to extend them way too early. No incentive to work hard at a North Texas gig. Golden parachute on their way out the door. Didn't go to the game, didn't re-up on ESPN+, or listen to the game. Results are fairly predictable. I know its curse words, but hell, I'm not opposed to going FCS in football; in hopes of trying to develop a National Championship FCS program. Set a goal to come back in 5 years. What is there to lose? Attendance won't suffer, our marginal recruits won't back away. We are not serious candidates to move in a better conference. At this time, I'd be delighted to go back to the Sunbelt. Maybe we can save money and do away with that Wing in the end zone.      

if you're not being sarcastic that is quite a truth bomb. If WB dos not see that SL is not a good head coach worth $2 million a year, then not sure I am high on WB. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, rcade said:

This is North Texas. There are no fake fans after all these years of suffering punctuated by occasional hiccups of happiness.

"We choose to support the Mean Green not because it is easy, but because it is hard."

"We choose to support the Mean Green not because it is easy, but because it is hard."

LOL ... I freaking love this!! Just gotta add in the Boston accent!! 🙂

• Upvote 5

16 hours ago, Stix said:

Maybe @bstnsportsfan3can help with that?

I don’t have much of a Boston accent anymore having been down here for 15 years. Just say the words khakis and car keys the same and you will get it down quick. Also remember that people in Boston were sick from school the day they thought the letter R… 🤣

Edited by bstnsportsfan3
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 4