I think I’m done for the season

Tom McKrackin

You guys take care and I wish you all the best.  I see no hope for the future so long as our current coach is in the lead.  It pains me to see our Alma mater struggle so mightily.  It didn’t have to be this way.  We are year 6 in the regime and still getting beaten like a step child by our cross town rivals.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 29

4 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

You guys take care and I wish you all the best.  I see no hope for the future so long as our current coach is in the lead.  It pains me to see our Alma mater struggle so mightily.  It didn’t have to be this way.  We are year 6 in the regime and still getting beaten like a step child by our cross town rivals.

But wait! Didn't you read the stats? We had 506 total yards, fewer turnovers, more time of possession, and more 1st downs. 

How can you pass up all that...... potential?,,,,,,,,,😠

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 6

Just now, meangreen11 said:

Chill out people.  Team is improved.  SMU is a very good football team and that will show as the season progresses.  We gave them all they could handle in the first half. 

I know. These people act like this was last years team and game against SMU. I just don’t understand why everyone is acting crazy. I would understand, because I acted crazy after last years game, but now it doesn’t make sense.

This kinda reminds me of the 2017 team. Except the offense and defense are flipped

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Another one bites the dust…

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1

27 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

You might want to stop drinking for a while before you make these comments.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

I think we pay the football coaches too much money and continue to extend them way too early. No incentive to work hard at a North Texas gig. Golden parachute on their way out the door. Didn't go to the game, didn't re-up on ESPN+, or listen to the game. Results are fairly predictable. I know its curse words, but hell, I'm not opposed to going FCS in football; in hopes of trying to develop a National Championship FCS program. Set a goal to come back in 5 years. What is there to lose? Attendance won't suffer, our marginal recruits won't back away. We are not serious candidates to move in a better conference. At this time, I'd be delighted to go back to the Sunbelt. Maybe we can save money and do away with that Wing in the end zone.      

• Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 14

I’m just glad we don’t have UTSA until the last game.  Getting curb stomped by that place is embarrassing and runs me off every time.  Getting blown out by schmoo makes me want to do the same, but at least I can justify it by acknowledging sonny dykes and his staff are just better across the board.  They’ve crushed the transfer portal and basically took the lead there that everyone in the nation is now trying to follow.  

• Upvote 4

54 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Get Out No GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Lol okay have fun.

Clearly not a real fan because real fans don’t quit mid season.

I have some hope that we can turn things around, there were signs of improvement for sure. 
You would’ve thought we lost by 70 last night, and didn’t hold a top 25 offense in SMU to 7 points at half.

That, and $1.50, will get you a cup of coffee.

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Cooley said:

I think we pay the football coaches too much money and continue to extend them way too early. No incentive to work hard at a North Texas gig. Golden parachute on their way out the door. Didn't go to the game, didn't re-up on ESPN+, or listen to the game. Results are fairly predictable. I know its curse words, but hell, I'm not opposed to going FCS in football; in hopes of trying to develop a National Championship FCS program. Set a goal to come back in 5 years. What is there to lose? Attendance won't suffer, our marginal recruits won't back away. We are not serious candidates to move in a better conference. At this time, I'd be delighted to go back to the Sunbelt. Maybe we can save money and do away with that Wing in the end zone.      

89956569-2058-43C3-ABE1-4756C8F1B646.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

Look at all the CUSA scores from this week.  UAB played a great team and it showed, but the others were mostly just as unimpressive or more so than NT.  

Anyone abandoning a team because they don't like the coach, bad loses, conference, etc. are not really fans in the first place.  Fill those extra three hours with something worthwhile like charity work, self improvement courses or home projects.  

I had a post about what some people want after losing.   Fire the coach or change the QB, add give up and quit your team.

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1