Seth now officially on the hot seat

Hunter Green

36 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I was a sSeth defender but I can’t find a way to defend hjm any longer. I though Phill Bennett was the answer and he is amazing. The problem is that he is so good at his job that the defense doesn’t suck bad enough to hide the offensive deficiencies any longer.

I like the staff we have but not the playcalling. This will get bombed to hell and back but I’d like to keep the staff but we have but have Bennett talk Art or Kendal Briles into taking over for Seth at season’s end. 

If I can’t have that, then make Bennett the coach or scrap the whole deal and hire Colby Carthel out of SFA. 

Art Briles cannot coach here. He just can't. We cannot let that happen.

I know it sounds tantalizing. He boosted Houston and Baylor to soaring heights. He is an offensive guru. He gets us to G5 elite status, and quickly, if all goes according to plan.

But man, the negative PR is just. Not. Worth it. It's one thing to be irrelevant and meh. It's another to be irrelevant and meh and be nationally hated. You risk universally being disliked across the CFB landscape on the offchance you win, not BECAUSE you're winning, which is different. 

We all know and saw what Briles did for Baylor. It's tempting. But we can't do it. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 7

14 minutes ago, Greendylan said:

I don't think Littrell is on the hot seat yet--probably not even close, if I'm being honest. 

If Wren isn’t breathing down Seths kneck like that creepy gym teacher on a senior girls prom night then I might be losing faith in him too. I can’t imagine they haven’t talked about this yet

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, WanderingEagle said:

It's one thing to be irrelevant and meh. It's another to be irrelevant and meh and be nationally hated. 

I wouldn’t mind being relevant, not meh, and nationally hated. I’m tired of being irrelevant and tired of being meh. Grant is the only one making a splash for us on the national scene. It is time for football to carry some water.

It would be a nice change of pace. Johnny and his fiddle of gold type feeling for me here.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I wouldn’t mind being relevant, not meh, and nationally hated. I’m tired of being irrelevant and tired of being meh. Grant is the only one making a splash for us on the national scene. It is time for football to carry some water.

It would be a nice change of pace. Johnny and his fiddle of gold type feeling for me here.

Its one thing to be nationally hated like Texas is.

It's another to be nationally hated because you covered up widespread sexual assault in your program and you never apologized or took the blame for how you handled it, but rather blamed the victims.

A lot of college coaches are disgusting characters, but Briles is a different kind of evil human. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, p_phelps said:

UTSA is undefeated and beat a P5 team, bad or not. Also dominate in recruiting.  He'd be an upgrade over coach mumble 

They beat a terrible P5 program and rolled Lamar. They have ranked below us in recruiting. Traylor may be a great hire but let’s see how it plays out. Not too long ago people were saying the same about Littrell. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

They beat a terrible P5 program and rolled Lamar. They have ranked below us in recruiting. Traylor may be a great hire but let’s see how it plays out. Not too long ago people were saying the same about Littrell. 

To me Taylor is the reason it would be a risk for a conference like the AAC. or MWC to go after UTSA. They are Hot, but what happens when he leaves? What has their commitment been to improving their athletics? If a program is elevated based on being hot, then you risk future problems if the coach changes. This is also why UAB seems to be in a prime situation. 

Who is saying SL’s  “officially” on the hot seat?  A handful of fans who have had an agenda against Seth Littrell even during two 9 &2 seasons in a row?  Maybe they have an uncle, relative or friend of a friend who would like Littrell’s job?  You never know about these things.  

••• Now someone give me one of those yellow “confused” emoticons, but tell all of us why your so confused?   Can you put all that in a complete sentence?  Surprise us. 
4A2AAC25-A8C5-4995-B664-96D68BAA1746.png.e320f4c4fe114841d2399fc8d02e4c45.png

🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Gibbz said:

UAB being -14 on the road here speaks volumes about the perception of where this program's at six years deep into the SL era. Not to mention SL is the highest-paid coach in the conference.

I'll take those points.     I expected us to be blown out by SMU, but worse statistically.     I feel pretty good about our chances to upset UAB.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

8 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Who is saying SL’s  “officially” on the hot seat?  A handful of fans who have had an agenda against Seth Littrell even during two 9 &2 seasons in a row?  Maybe they have an uncle, relative or friend of a friend who would like Littrell’s job?  You never know about these things.  
••• Now someone give me one of those yellow “confused” emoticons, but tell all of us why your so confused?   Can you put all that in a complete sentence?  Surprise us. 
4A2AAC25-A8C5-4995-B664-96D68BAA1746.png.e320f4c4fe114841d2399fc8d02e4c45.png

🦅

Homer Simpson Wow GIF by Justin

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

13 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

To me Taylor is the reason it would be a risk for a conference like the AAC. or MWC to go after UTSA. They are Hot, but what happens when he leaves? What has their commitment been to improving their athletics? If a program is elevated based on being hot, then you risk future problems if the coach changes. This is also why UAB seems to be in a prime situation. 

Those conferences want San Antonio’s TVs and destination to attract fans and viewers. If UTSA becomes really good, that’s icing on the cake. I mean, really, Tulsa is in the AAC. Think about it…

Edited by untjim1995
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Those conferences want San Antonio’s TV and destination to attract fans and viewers. If UTSA becomes really food, that’s icing on the cake. I mean, really, Tulsa is in the AAC. Think about it…

Sadly I agree with you. UTSA will probably get in despite being UTSA

23 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

This isn't a charity. He's getting paid a lot of money, has great support, great facilities.

I've never really understood the argument from prior/existing fans about the coaching on this topic. I completely agree with you, he does have great support. More importantly, he doesn't have the extreme pressure to succeed. He doesn't have the leering press and College Gameday and the twitter-verse blowing him up on every, single, solitary, decision or non-decision, rivalry game loss, half-ass bowl appearances...

He truly benefits from not only great support, but great obscurity. He operates in a nice bubble where he has it all within his grasp to succeed. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

I've never really understood the argument from prior/existing fans about the coaching on this topic. I completely agree with you, he does have great support. More importantly, he doesn't have the extreme pressure to succeed. He doesn't have the leering press and College Gameday and the twitter-verse blowing him up on every, single, solitary, decision or non-decision, rivalry game loss, half-ass bowl appearances...

He truly benefits from not only great support, but great obscurity. He operates in a nice bubble where he has it all within his grasp to succeed. 

Today, this is an absolute dream job. (It hasn't been in the past but it is now)

I don't know if the pressure was cranked up on him if anything would change. I don't see why it would. But because this is such a great job (and it has to be a top five G5 job), the expectations of winning should come with it. The job posting should be:

Come work at one of the best G5 jobs in the country in the middle of a recruiting hotbed. You can recruit and never have to get on a plane! (but if you do....you'll have access to a private one)

The job: win football games. Our expectation for results is 10 win seasons, get us ranked, win conference championships and flirt with NY6 bowl every year. Run a clean program, graduate your players. 

What we provide: A rare trifecta today. Some have 1 of these, some have 2, most don't have 3. We do:

Great facilities, a supportive administration and a top comp package of $2 million per year. 

If you have what it takes and can live with those expectations, please apply!

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 7