Seth now officially on the hot seat

Hunter Green

26 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

I have been a Seth fan from day one.  But in year six, I don't see any measurable overall improvement in our football program. By now, we should be kicking ass on a regular basis. Instead, we get our ass kicked on a regular basis. We have squandered yet another opportunity to move up in the pecking order because of the lack of success on the football field . I believe a team needs time to gel, but we never seem to get there. So, instead of hiring a real OC. We have our OL coach do it? Just another cost saving mistake that is causing our program to stagnate. Sadly, I believe Seth needs to go so Wren can bring in an experienced HC with good Texas high school ties. Perhaps the Sam Houston coach. I'm sure a lot of you have ideas on that. This whole thing depresses me greatly.  

Welcome to UNT football. 

Would love to money whip the utsa coach.  He turned that dumpster fire into something with terrible facilities 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenWarDaddy said:

While I am extremely upset that we lost the game to SMU when we had The opportunities to potentially pull out a win. Last nights game made me feel like we will beat a lot more teams than I originally expected.

If we have a six or higher win season and the games we lose our similar to the SMU game, in my opinion Seth  shouldn’t be in the hot seat. 

this game, was a game that I think a lot of people had marked down as a loss and the way they played impressed me (mostly Defense) even if it wasn’t as great as I would’ve liked.

Ruder threw for 366 yards, that has me positive.

But the play calling sucks!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • RV 1

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

They have beat two terrible teams this year and got it handed to them by Boise State. I know most people are pissed but don't be delusional

UTSA is undefeated and beat a P5 team, bad or not. Also dominate in recruiting.  He'd be an upgrade over coach mumble 

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

I have always liked Littrell, but ideally he would have left for KSU and we’d have Graham Harrell as head coach.  It’s just not been the same since his flirtation with them.  The defense finally does look promising, but now that we have that fixed the offense takes a nosedive.

Maybe he’ll get it turned around in the next couple weeks.  If not, and we finish just 6-6 or worse, I’m aboard the move-on train.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

This is not a slam at you because you are looking to be as positive as possible, but rather, it's a statement of frustration from a decades long fan.

I am sick to death of losing games that we should have won.

I'm sick to death of hearing something like "wow, we really showed a lot of potential last night", or "wow, we beat the betting line etc, etc."   I suppose it gets us through the season.......but I am sick to death of it. 

I'm also sick to death of OTHER schools, that nobody generally ever heard of, pass us up like we were in the latest traffic back-up and they were on the express lane. It started way back around the D.D. era, when the likes of South Florida, who started up by having coaches offices in temporary-mobile-home-like buildings. But look at them now! OR all of the other F-U's who no one ever heard of and now one of them is being invited to be in the B-12. AND FINALLY Coastal Carolina!?!?  #17 in the Nation!?!? UTSA!?!  How the hell does anyone pick UTSA over North Texas?

For the longest time many people on this board would say "pay the guy a competitive salary, and we'll get the coach that we need to turn this program around". I don't know how much SL really makes, but I think just about everyone agrees that it's over a million a year".  And so far, all he has produced is some gaudy passing stats.

SO, in the words of that former student who used to be at NT (Dr. Phil)  "How's that working out for you?"

Touché

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, MrAlien said:

Not many people expected UNT to beat smu... While they did hold smu to 7 points in the first half and had some success moving the ball, it does not seem like the program is improving at all. 

After the first one and 1/2 quarters last night, the last thing I thought that I would see was another SMU blowout.    We finally had a defense playing inspired FB.       The stats don't matter to me, only the result.    I expected a 20+ loss.    I am even more disappointed today because that game should NOT have been a blowout.

On the other hand, the defense has given me some hope for the rest of the year.     I think the offense will eventually be fine.  Still a bit worried about our RB's after Torrey.

• Upvote 3

Seth is nowhere near the hot seat just like Sark is not after UTs embarrassing loss.  He will be given an entire season to be evaluated as he should be.  If we start blowing up at the end of the season, Hope will come back to many of the UNT fans who feel disappointed this morning.  There were good signs yesterday no matter what some may say.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, ADLER said:

We knew we needed an Offensive Coordinator and a Defensive Coordinator at the end of last season. The Offensive Coordinator position went unfilled and we have an offensive line coach running that side of the show. 

He's a really good O-Line coach.    Not sure he's ready to be a playcalling OC yet.    Maybe "Run-Game Coordinator", and Seth keep calling plays (if he wants to keep his job).

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Seth is nowhere near the hot seat just like Sark is not after UTs embarrassing loss.  

You think they wouldn't have restructured his buyout if he wasn't near the hot seat? 

His seat is hot. Another year of this and it will be flaming hot enough to get away with wearing skinny jeans in public.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I was a sSeth defender but I can’t find a way to defend him any longer. I thought Phil Bennett was the answer and he is amazing. The problem is that he is so good at his job that the defense doesn’t suck bad enough to hide the offensive deficiencies any longer.

I like the staff we have but not the playcalling. This will get bombed to hell and back but I’d like to keep the staff but we have but have Bennett talk Art or Kendal Briles into taking over for Seth at season’s end. 

If I can’t have that, then make Bennett the coach or scrap the whole deal and hire Colby Carthel out of SFA. 

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I was a sSeth defender but I can’t find a way to defend hjm any longer. I though Phill Bennett was the answer and he is amazing. The problem is that he is so good at his job that the defense doesn’t suck bad enough to hide the offensive deficiencies any longer.

I like the staff we have but not the playcalling. This will get bombed to hell and back but I’d like to keep the staff but we have but have Bennett talk Art or Kendal Briles into taking over for Seth at season’s end. 

If I can’t have that, then make Bennett the coach or scrap the whole deal and hire Colby Carthel out of SFA. 

I covered TAMUC football for the one semester I went there in 2015 before transferring to UNT. Coach Carthel is the real deal and a swell human being. 

I'm not 100% on the move on from Seth train just yet but if that's the move Carthel is absolutely a guy we need to eye.

• Upvote 1