I’m not mad that the band didn’t travel to SMU…

MeanGreenEagle

2 hours ago, TCC Mean Green said:

Horrible…”the best band in the land?”…just do a travel band!  Wren and Seth need to go…take Ruder with him…4 interceptions in 2 games?  Someone’s head needs to roll!

While I am not terribly worked up about the band not being there (I was more concerned about our football team showing up), I’d actually say for anything within 4-5 hours it should not  be a travel band, it should be the full 400 person band. It should be a travel band to every single game outside of that. Every. One.

Edit: yes, I know that would be expensive. No, I do not care. 

Edited by Mean Green Matt
  • Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

I kind of wonder if the predicted temp (between 98 & 99) also had something to do with it.

Silver, I think the expected high temp did; albeit was not as bad as the Apogee season opener.

I fear this new variant could take us all back to the 2020 football season before it’s all over with.  

I took a friend & fellow UNT alum to his 1’st cousin’s pharmacy here in Weatherford on Friday to get a J&J vaccine.  If they have a booster for J&J, l’ll be first in line!

❇️🦅❇️ GMG! BEAT UAB WORSE THAN GEORGIA DID (or even a 1 point win will suffice). 
•••Our crowd size could do much in this game. Don’t jump off the ship, yet, as I expect most on this forum won’t.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Silver, I fear this new variant could take us all back to the 2020 football season before it’s all over with.  

I took a friend to his 1’st cousin’s pharmacy here in Weatherford on Friday to get a J&J vaccine.

If they have a booster for J&J, l’ll be first in line!

❇️🦅❇️ GMG! BEAT UAB WORSE THAN GEORGIA DID (or even a 1 point win will suffice). 
•••Our crowd size could do much in this game. 

Unfortunately, that's a pretty realistic fear. When Moderna comes out with theirs, I have a standing request to my primary care physician to sign us up. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, TCC Mean Green said:

Horrible…”the best band in the land?”…just do a travel band!  Wren and Seth need to go…take Ruder with him…4 interceptions in 2 games?  Someone’s head needs to roll!

What on earth has Wren done that you think he needs to go? He's been far and away one of the best AD's in the state. He did not hire Seth Littrell. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, WanderingEagle said:

What on earth has Wren done that you think he needs to go? He's been far and away one of the best AD's in the state. He did not hire Seth Littrell. 

You’re right. I had forgotten that RV hired Littrell.  Ruder has had some struggles, but has been improving. This guy will earn his paycheck this year.  
https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/blake-joseph/555

Side note: my wife was disappointed the band didn’t make the trip. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1