***Official UNT vs. SMUt Game Thread***

Harry

1 hour ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

So bummed Ruder didn't tackle the guy who ran untouched for 80 yards. What a shame. 

So what do you think happens when the defense makes stop after stop only to see McNulty and Greer shit the bed on offense?  Cause it's the same thing here. Our D is massively improved but our O is ridiculously shitty and the Defense will only be able to hang for so long before they give up trying.

2 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

We do not have D-1 players. What is it we are always walking wounded after an SMU game. Called the stupid pick and it happened. 

I stand by this statement. Our players are undersized and get hurt against higher level competition. Freak injuries happen, that is part of the game but c’mon people, North Texas has had a lot of injuries in the SL tenure! 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

5 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I stand by this statement. Our players are undersized and get hurt against higher level competition. Freak injuries happen, that is part of the game but c’mon people, North Texas has had a lot of injuries in the SL tenure! 

What we don’t have are players that can physically match up with AAC competition. When we have played SMU or UH, they have much more size and talent than we ever have and we usually get dominated at the LOS. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1

8 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

Glad my daughter had a softball tournament this weekend. So I completely missed the annual kick to the nuts.  Is this Spanky’s final year at HC? How do you NOT have a QB ready to step in after Fine graduated? I mean, you had 4 years. 

Mason covered up a lot of Seth's problems.  Mason used to check a ton. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, p_phelps said:

Mason covered up a lot of Seth's problems.  Mason used to check a ton. 

Just wondering when Mason put up giant numbers and lost everyone still called him a hero. Not saying we're not in trouble but everyone seemed to have forgotten that Mason put up a lot of numbers when we were very very far behind

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I see this a lot.   NT maybe under talented against good teams, but they are not undersized.

Any team can recruit massive players, but that does not mean they can play.  

• Upvote 1