***Official UNT vs. SMUt Game Thread***

Harry

3 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I’ve seen a UNT quarterback throw for 600 yards on SMU and still lose. Those empty stats don’t mean squat.

Exactly. Ruder just hasn’t been accurate enough when it mattered. Our run game has been pedestrian and they keep calling that same run up the middle. WRs are not helping at all with more drops and three penalties. Way too many WR screens. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Bullshit. We had this game and let them hang around. This is squarely on the coaches. 

Where is Simpson?  What happened to Thompson?  No creativity on offense. This defense has something but I think they got worn out trying to keep us in the game only to watch our offense shit the bed. 

The good news is the youth of this team. I am a fan of SL and want him to succeed but this has to change.  We have to get this corrected and fast. 

Year 6 nothing will change, SL has his binder and will not change

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Bullshit. We had this game and let them hang around. This is squarely on the coaches. 

Where is Simpson?  What happened to Thompson?  No creativity on offense. This defense has something but I think they got worn out trying to keep us in the game only to watch our offense shit the bed. 

The good news is the youth of this team. I am a fan of SL and want him to succeed but this has to change.  We have to get this corrected and fast. 

Did Simpson play at all today? He was out hurt last week, I know it was 50/50 today. I have a feeling he was hurt. 

Truly do this this is from the top down. We’ve haven’t really been a well coach team. Year after year we fail to bring ourselves together enough to mount a comeback, always dealing with injuries, crashing under pressure, and always dealing with flags. Seth is a fantastic OC and can do great things in the future, but he’s not cut as a head coach. Lots of padded stats and getting carried to mediocrity by an all time QB who could step up when needed.

• Upvote 3

this one hurts. All in all, its a failure on Litterell and offense to not take advantage of opportunities SMU gifted us. Should've been up way more than 6 points in the first half.

We made it a game for 3 1/3 quarters.

On the bright side of things, we ARE improving as a team despite tonight's result. Only thing that is becoming more and more clear to me is that Litterell is NOT the guy to get us over the hump after this season.

Still a lot of season to play, but this is yet another tally in the lose column for Litterell where he could've made a huge statement win.

• Upvote 6