DRC: UNT officials reiterate school prepared should realignment opportunities arise

Brett Vito

• Brett Vito changed the title to DRC: UNT officials reiterate school prepared should realignment opportunities arise
17 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

Seeing the things this AD, Pres., and BOR have accomplished the past 5 years, I would have a hard time believing they are just sitting on their hands and waiting for the phone to ring.  

I agree, but what MeanGreenTexan sad is it SOUNDS like they are waiting and not being proactive.

1 hour ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I don’t think it’s a secret that no one is happy in CUSA. From a legal standpoint are there any barriers for communication with other conferences? Don’t know too much about how the process is started. Maybe a flirty text like at 2 am…. “Yo AAC…are you up?” 😅

That, or we respond to an AAC photo with a fire emoji.

The mass "WYD?" or "U up?" comes in a mass text to the AAC, MWC, SBC, and Big 12 at 2am.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

“…if the situation presents itself…” sounds a lot like, “we’re waiting for an email.”

Sometimes you gotta MAKE the situation present.  Hope Wren’s being proactive.

I know this has been posted before...but I'd bet money Wren has let Aresco know UNT's interest. Aresco was quoted when Wren was hired.

Michael L. Aresco, Commissioner of the American Athletic Conference: "This is a spectacular hire. Having known and worked with Wren while he was at Memphis, he is an extremely experienced, personable and capable executive and will do a great job for North Texas. The college sports landscape has never been more challenging, and Wren's intelligence and vision will be enormously important to North Texas and Conference USA."

Also, one of Wren's first hires was CFO Stacy Martin who left a couple years back to be CFO at the AAC. That can't hurt either.

https://theamerican.org/staff.aspx?staff=87

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1

Despite their recent success, I still don't see the SBC as an upgrade.  We were all happy to be leaving that place for CUSA at one point.   I still prefer playing the CUSA teams over the SBC teams.

The problem really is Judy IMO.   She has to go.   She is weighing down our conference potential.

If the AAC or MWC comes calling, then great.   But, I am not interested in returning to the Sun Belt personally.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, akriesman said:

Despite their recent success, I still don't see the SBC as an upgrade.  We were all happy to be leaving that place for CUSA at one point.   I still prefer playing the CUSA teams over the SBC teams.

The problem really is Judy IMO.   She has to go.   She is weighing down our conference potential.

If the AAC or MWC comes calling, then great.   But, I am not interested in returning to the Sun Belt personally.

I don't think anyone would be excited to return to the SBC, but they are a step up from current CUSA, and because of Judy, I don't think anyone expects that to change.  Pretty much every team would be eager to bolt, and I don't see anyone in the SBC that would consider moving to CUSA.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

19 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I don't think anyone would be excited to return to the SBC, but they are a step up from current CUSA, and because of Judy, I don't think anyone expects that to change.  Pretty much every team would be eager to bolt, and I don't see anyone in the SBC that would consider moving to CUSA.

Same. I don’t know who would downvote you unless they’re delusional. 

34 minutes ago, akriesman said:

I tried to google her bio and it proved somewhat difficult to find. She deserves criticism, I can’t think of any accomplishments during her tenure as commissioner. 

C96FEBCC-0215-4151-AD6F-5959778B9F67.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1