Uniforms for Saturday?

El Paso Eagle

10 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Just put a flag patch on the uniforms.  The use above violates flag code, but it doesn't appear many follow that in regards to sports uniforms.

Technically, a flag patch also violates flag code.  "No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations."  I don't think a football team qualifies.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Green Crazy said:

Not a huge fan of those helmets. The eagle is set too far back for my liking, but not horrible. 

Yep...these helmets drive me crazy. The "Wing" and "NT" decals look so much better. 

The diving eagle just doesn't work as a helmet decal. I wish our equipment staff would finally admit that to themselves and move on to decals that actually fit the helmets. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I wonder if SMU will actually wear their SMU unis, or go with Dallas? I understand they want to do anything they can to disassociate with the "SMU" name, but honestly, is there any NCAA school that tries as hard to hide the name of the school they represent? 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I wonder if SMU will actually wear their SMU unis, or go with Dallas? I understand they want to do anything they can to disassociate with the "SMU" name, but honestly, is there any NCAA school that tries as hard to hide the name of the school they represent? 

I saw somewhere that they're using the Dallas jerseys when they play us and when they play TCU.  I want to say Brett mentioned it on Twitter a couple of weeks ago.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Because the "flag" stated in the flag code doesn't just cover those flying from a pole, for lack of a better example.  The flag lapel pin worn by many is not an actual flag, but it is referenced in the flag code as are "flag patches".

Sure, it’s the flag and it’s likeness. Lapel pins and patches are called out as approved ways to wear the likeness.

I wrongfully assumed we all understood a red, blue and silver dragon did not reflect the flag’s likeness so I wanted to make sure you knew they didn’t cut up some flags and paste it on there.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Yep...these helmets drive me crazy. The "Wing" and "NT" decals look so much better. 

The diving eagle just doesn't work as a helmet decal. I wish our equipment staff would finally admit that to themselves and move on to decals that actually fit the helmets. 

I saw some apparel the other day that had NTX on it. I kind of like that. Might work on our helmets.

• Skeptical Eagle 1

14 minutes ago, NT91 said:
1 hour ago, NT93 said:

I agree that the sizing/location is off, but I like the SOW on the helmet.we need to make the SOW smaller or don’t put it on the helmet. I like the NT on the helmet.

Smaller would be better.  I like it on the helmet because of brand recognition and I don’t want to go through yet another change.  SOW=UNT

Off topic, the logo in your avatar is the same as the one on the first UNT cap I ever bought.  I got lots of wear out of that cap.