• UNT 20+
    • UNT 10-19
    • UNT 1-9
    • SMU 1-9
    • SMU 10-19
    • SMU 20-29
    • SMU 30+

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2021 at 10:00 PM

This game will not be close. Sonny knows this is for recruiting and their country club fanbase hates even being close to us. Ponies by 4+ TDs. We haven’t seen a coach look at us like this since Steve Kragthorpe was at Tulsa and used the games to pound us into the ground and use it on the recruiting trail down here.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

SMU like NT beat an outclassed lower division team in the opener which does not mean much.

SMU's program was significantly better than NT last year and they have the home field.  A factor that will be moot as the crowd will be as much green as blue and red. 

With a lot of Green ade, NT upsets SMU with a very big game from Ruder.   

As an aside, I wonder about those fans that were disappointed in Ruder's first ever college start.  He has the arm and is a legit two way threat.  To me, the receiving corp ( whom i think is going to be very good) just had an off night and it took a while for Ruder to get comfortable. 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

SMU like NT beat an outclassed lower division team in the opener which does not mean much.

SMU's program was significantly better than NT last year and they have the home field.  A factor that will be moot as the crowd will be as much green as blue and red. 

With a lot of Green ade, NT upsets SMU with a very big game from Ruder.   

As an aside, I wonder about those fans that were disappointed in Ryder's first ever college start.  He has the arm and is a legit two way threat.  To me, the receiving corp ( whom i think is going to be very good) just had an off night and it took a while for Ruder to get comfortable. 

There were some drops, sure.   Some of them came on throws that were behind the receivers.  Accuracy is a slight concern.   Maybe I'm spoiled by 4 years of Mason Fine.  I dunno.
And I guess I wasn't wowed on his speed when he scooted out of bounds a few times, not able to outrun a LB to turn the corner.   He had that one 1st down run on a very good zone read... that's about it running-wise.  Maybe I'm spoiled by Jason Bean's wheels.  I dunno.

• Oh Boy! 2

6 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

This game will not be close. Sonny knows this is for recruiting and their country club fanbase hates even being close to us. Ponies by 4+ TDs. We haven’t seen a coach look at us like this since Steve Kragthorpe was at Tulsa and used the games to pound us into the ground and use it on the recruiting trail down here.

Those Tulsa losses (2005-2006) were just brutal 🤬 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

There were some drops, sure.   Some of them came on throws that were behind the receivers.  Accuracy is a slight concern.   Maybe I'm spoiled by 4 years of Mason Fine.  I dunno.
And I guess I wasn't wowed on his speed when he scooted out of bounds a few times, not able to outrun a LB to turn the corner.   He had that one 1st down run on a very good zone read... that's about it running-wise.  Maybe I'm spoiled by Jason Bean's wheels.  I dunno.

Littrells mentioned 7 dropped passes, which is a lot. 

No one on the team is close to as fast as Bean, but Ruder looked fast to me.

I think many on here, are a little unfair to a QB that has not played in a long time.   

My concern with the NWT match was as usual the defense.   The offense looked like it was a first game, but played very vanilla football.  I think by design, not became they couldn't have scored more. 

We will know much more after the pony game. 

• Upvote 1

Dykes was an underrated hire by SMU. TBH even if the Tech job came open, I don't know if he leaves. 

We on the other hand... have issues. It's amazing what Mason Fine did for Seth Littrell's bank account. 

SMU 63

UNT 28

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 2

1 hour ago, meanJewGreen said:

Dykes was an underrated hire by SMU. TBH even if the Tech job came open, I don't know if he leaves. 

We on the other hand... have issues. It's amazing what Mason Fine did for Seth Littrell's bank account. 

SMU 63

UNT 28

I couldn't care less what Littrell makes, but it seems a major concern to some

Actually, I do like the fact that NT pays a good salary; should make it a prime G5 job when the time comes

If I remember, it was Littrell who recruited Fine.  Not a small deal when you consider it was his only D! offer.  

Dykes was a great hire, conference affiliation and dollars are the prime factors in getting talented coaches. 

• Upvote 4