• UNT 20+
    • UNT 10-19
    • UNT 1-9
    • SMU 1-9
    • SMU 10-19
    • SMU 20-29
    • SMU 30+

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2021 at 10:00 PM

This is my "hope I'm wrong" prediction.

UNT 21 - SMU 41

In high-stake games, it feels like Littrell's offenses usually under perform anywhere from around 10-14 points lower than what the GMG board usually expects. If the offense can't get on the board in the first two possessions, we may be doomed for a beatdown... That's a little generous even, I'd say if first possession is at least moving down the field we buy ourselves another shot to get in the game.

Ultimately though, if this game is even competitive, SMU will pull away in the 2nd half

Edited by eeeeagle
  • Upvote 3

I fear its going to be very similar to the last two years we played SmUt. We get behind early and they run away with it and we score meaningless TD's at the end to make it look semi competitive. 

I'd love to sit here and say were gonna win a 38-35 dog fight but we dont have the dogs that can win that fight yet.

SMU 45

UNT 24

Edited by Withers940
  • Upvote 3

Can only make this prediction on what I’ve see before 

First half:

SMU 38

UNT 13

Second half:

SMU 20

UNT 24

Final:

SMU: 58

UNT: 37

***oh***I have to add the same thing I’ve added to pretty much all my football predictions the past couple of seasons “I really hope Littrell proves me wrong”

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 4

I know they've beaten the tar out of us 3/4 the last visits. I know they have the hype. But I am sick and damn tired of seeing people act like they are of a higher echelon of existence than us. We can hang with these guys. We don't, but we can. I will never ever ever pick those pretentious goons to win.

49-29 UNT wins.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

24 minutes ago, WanderingEagle said:

I know they've beaten the tar out of us 3/4 the last visits. I know they have the hype. But I am sick and damn tired of seeing people act like they are of a higher echelon of existence than us. We can hang with these guys. We don't, but we can. I will never ever ever pick those pretentious goons to win.

49-29 UNT wins.

I'm right there with you on this. I'm seeing so many people talk about SMU like they're a top 15 team from the SEC. They have a better team than us right now for sure, but there's no reason we shouldn't be able to hang tough with them. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I'm right there with you on this. I'm seeing so many people talk about SMU like they're a top 15 team from the SEC. They have a better team than us right now for sure, but there's no reason we shouldn't be able to hang tough with them. 

I won't be happy with the result, but I can live with a 10-14 point loss. Long as we're competing, I will be content. Anything other than being down 28-6 in the second please.

• Upvote 1