DRC: UNT press conference notebook -- Ruder officially takes over at quarterback

Brett Vito

10 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

I have zero problem with Ruder starting.  But wouldn’t it be interesting if, after Southern Meth sent scouts to check out Ruder, we started Aune.  We will need every edge we can get to win Saturday.

Oh they know damn well what Austin Aune can do. They are probably hoping not to face him again now that we have some semblance of a defense.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

With how he looked, I'd be inclined to agree.

This is the guy that's supposed to lead us to 6+ wins? I know it's one game but woof

Before the decision was made, many on here were saying “if the race is even close, we should just go with Ruder since if he has closed the gap that quickly, he’s probably the better QB.”

Wondering if this was Seth’s thought as well.

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Before the decision was made, many on here were saying “if the race is even close, we should just go with Ruder since if he has closed the gap that quickly, he’s probably the better QB.”

Wondering if this was Seth’s thought as well.

honestly, I could barely tell much difference. I think Aune had the better arm for long throws and good accuracy. But I think Ruder may have some playmaker intangibles that didn't really shine during his first outing in a long long while. 

It's a coin toss but I'm just glad to see Seth sticking to the plan and letting it grow.

• Upvote 3

• Brett Vito changed the title to DRC: UNT press conference notebook -- Ruder officially takes over at quarterback