SMU Fires Shot on Twitter

unt7

15 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

I’m angered by their smugness but sadly I have no reply as this 6th year coach of ours has not given us a leg to stand on in this series.  I think why Wren canceled SMUnis he wants to get another HC in here and rebuild the program before we lose to them again.  Sorry for the negativity but I’m quite broken after two straight 4 win seasons here.

I have a reply to SMU & have had the same reply for 48 years for Dallas’ semipro football team that is actually located in University Park, Texas, & it’s———🖕

Does it amaze anyone else who was alive during SMU’s Death Penalty era that the NCAA still allowed them to officially keep all their “W’s”?

🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

I’m angered by their smugness but sadly I have no reply as this 6th year coach of ours has not given us a leg to stand on in this series.  I think why Wren canceled SMUnis he wants to get another HC in here and rebuild the program before we lose to them again.  Sorry for the negativity but I’m quite broken after two straight 4 win seasons here.

new here willy wonka GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • RV 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Sorry for the negativity but I’m quite broken after two straight 4 win seasons here.

I'm in my 32nd football season of following this place, as a student and as an alum. I've seen us play at the FCS and FBS level. I've seen us play in the SLC, be an independent for a year, be a member of the Big West, Sun Belt, and CUSA. I've seen us employ head coaches Corky Nelson, Dennis Parker, Matt Simon, Darrell Dickey, Todd Dodge, Mike Canales twice, Dan McCarney, and Seth Littrell. I've seen us have Steve Sloan, Craig Helwig, Rick Villareal, and Wren Baker as ADs. We have played in two football stadiums, decrepit Fouts and beautiful Apogee.

And I've seen us enjoy exactly 8 winning season...out of 31 completed seasons now. And I highly doubt its gonna be the 9th winning season this year, either. And in those 31 seasons, the number of seasons that we won 4 or less games has been 19 seasons. Add in the seasons where we won 5 games and still had a losing season was another 4 seasons. 

The ceiling for wins here is 9, which we have accomplished 4 times. The floor is 1 win, which we have done twice. And in total, since 1990, that represents 368 games thru this past Saturday. 140 wins, 226 losses, and 2 ties. That's a .380 winning percentage.

So if 4 wins in 2 straight years has you feeling negative, this experience might just be tougher than you could ever imagine. You've been warned...

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 3

Just now, untjim1995 said:

I'm in my 32nd football season of following this place, as a student and as an alum. I've seen us play at the FCS and FBS level. I've seen us play in the SLC, be an independent for a year, be a member of the Big West, Sun Belt, and CUSA. I've seen us employ head coaches Corky Nelson, Dennis Parker, Matt Simon, Darrell Dickey, Todd Dodge, Mike Canales twice, Dan McCarney, and Seth Littrell. I've seen us have Steve Sloan, Craig Helwig, Rick Villareal, and Wren Baker as ADs. We have played in two football stadiums, decrepit Fouts and beautiful Apogee.

And I've seen us enjoy exactly 8 winning season...out of 31 completed seasons now. And I highly doubt its gonna be the 9th winning season this year, either. And in those 31 seasons, the number of seasons that we won 4 or less games has been 19 seasons. Add in the seasons where we won 5 games and still had a losing season was another 4 seasons. 

The ceiling for wins here is 9, which we have accomplished 4 times. The floor is 1 win, which we have done twice. And in total, since 1990, that represents 368 games thru this past Saturday. 140 wins, 226 losses, and 2 ties. That's a .380 winning percentage.

So if 4 wins in 2 straight years has you feeling negative, this experience might just be tougher than you could ever imagine. You've been warned...

kill me now adam sandler GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

Whenever I see those of us who went to UNT from 06-10 out at games or cheering, I smile. We made it through a 4 year run of 3, 2, 1, and 2 wins with 21 losses coming by more than 20 points (including that 77-20 loss at Rice) and we're still out there. 

Consistently good things have to happen soon to us, right? 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, MeanGreen2019 said:

I would love to see us be the instigators for once. If we somehow win the game, it would be awesome if we get a billboard in downtown Dallas with something like “Dallas’ team” with  a UNT player on the front. One can dream though.

Oh man put the Murphy Twins, since they are from Dallas, and put Dallas’ team. Whew baby that would be so awesome, but sadly I doubt that happens

4 hours ago, MeanGreen2019 said:

I would love to see us be the instigators for once. If we somehow win the game, it would be awesome if we get a billboard in downtown Dallas with something like “Dallas’ team” with  a UNT player on the front. One can dream though.

It’s kind of tough to be the instigator when we keep Getting our butts handed to us. 

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

My man. I’m joking. The internet isn’t real. Look at this chicken?! It’s the same size as a car! 🐓🚗

Awe shucks, I forgive you.😌🙄😊 
All of America is easily irritated of late.  Hell!  I heard from a reliable source Harry & FFR got into it at the tailgate last Saturday.  He said it looked like Ali/Frazier 3.0!  Glad I left before that Rhubarb took place or I would have had to step in & give both of em’ some serious whoop ass—at the same time! 😇🥴😊
You know, I thought I was above all that kind of thing & then “WALA!” I jumped you in a dark GMG alley.  Sorry, Salsa_ Verde, I’ll refrain from such antics in the future.

🐎🦅 I really think UNT kicking SMU’s ass would do wonders for all of us.
Matter a fact, I think a win over the Stangs would do more for all of us of GMG than SL & the football team.😳

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2

6 hours ago, meanJewGreen said:

Whenever I see those of us who went to UNT from 06-10 out at games or cheering, I smile. We made it through a 4 year run of 3, 2, 1, and 2 wins with 21 losses coming by more than 20 points (including that 77-20 loss at Rice) and we're still out there. 

Consistently good things have to happen soon to us, right? 

07-10 here... the dodge era was all I knew and I stuck around. Glutton for punishment I guess

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

07-10 here... the dodge era was all I knew and I stuck around. Glutton for punishment I guess

01-05. I was like, “We win the conference and go to a bowl game every year. What’s the big deal?”  

15 years later…. Staring Episode 2 GIF by The Office

Edited by Felozano
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2