SMU fans discuss realignment and new SWC

Jonnyeagle

15 hours ago, DentonStang said:

That thread alone tells you why most rational SMU fans have left to the pay boards and aren't on ponyfans.  It's like a bunch of PlummMeanGreen.

Oh! Golly gee, DentonStang, now you have hurt my feelings—I might cry. 👶🏼  (Are we getting close to the   “I know you are but what am I” level yet)? 🤔

That proposed SWC reconstruct will never happen because of schools like SMU. They are part of the group who helped to create & sustain all the forever Texas intercollegiate pecking order.  It will keep that conference from ever happening & SMU would never be part of it anyway.  They’d think “too many schools with cooties” to suit them.  Biff & Buffy would be “so-oooo offended to have any of that group crash the party at their daddy’s country club. What in the hell would Grandpa Thurston Howell, III, say?🤢

I fully understand DentonStang’s warmest of feelings & sarcasm because I’ve said some disparaging things about SMU ‘s approach to athletics.  Something tells me I am not alone. I’ve observed SMU for almost half a century & know much about its culture. 
I fully expect SMU will be the main reason the NCAA Rules Committee will eventually have to get rid of or add staff to 🕵🏻‍♀️police all this NIL “pay for play” business because—-SMU will undoubtedly be the one who abuses it the most—fact is, they are probably already doing that. 

Yet.....Come On Man!🤪  SMU once produced a Mustang football letterman & Texas Governor who helped ramrod payments to SMU football players.  That kind of thing just permeates the SMU DNA & their culture.  If they can find a loophole in questionable recruiting tactics, they will lead the parade to use said loophole.  Sonny Dykes has already said as long as nobody gets hauled into NCAA jail, he’ll  pull out all the stops.  I don’t know of any P5 coaches who’ve said similar. 

You know, though, on the Hilltop it’s all about win at all cost no matter what the cost. Some things never change. 

🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Thanks 3