We are 25.5 pt dogs next week.

SMU is so good I’m sure they’ll be a shoo-in for the Big 12’s upcoming expansion.  Say what?  What do you mean those 4 schools? 

Now Las Vegas has our fans waving the white flag. Oh well--what the hell else is new?  This is just another one of our traditions. 
Fact remains SMU will still be a G5 school when Sonny Dykes takes a P5 job where fans fill a stadium.  Then maybe our favorite school will take advantage of that moment like we’ve yet to do in the past when the University Park Mustangs take a brief football hiatus.  

❇️  SO GET UP OUT OF YOUR CHAIRS WHEREVER YOU ARE, RAISE THE WINDOW & YELL—WE’RE MAD AS HELL & WE’RE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!———UNT’s next major recruiting step forward is for SL to hire La Tech’s main recruiting guy (not to replace our head guy by any means) but to join our staff & be in charge of our Ark/La/Tex recruiting with his emphasizing the state of Louisiana.

If anyone hasn’t noticed the last few years, LaTech, Louisiana & ULM have doubled down on their Texas recruiting. We should finally be getting tired of that BS in Denton or— do we wave the white flag? 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Eye Roll 4

6 minutes ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

I am oddly confident we are due for some positive regression this weekend.

Positive regression...

Is that where we play so badly it stuns the other team allowing us to take advantage?

Basically a car wreck you can't take yours eyes off of. While SMU keeps rubber necking to watch, we follow the ambulance to avoid traffic. Its genius!

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 3

I went to last years game and it was 21-0 after the 1st quarter. 34-7 at the half. I remember the North Texas players laughing and joking on the sidelines like they couldn’t care less. No fire from the coaches, no pride, no urgency. Let’s see if that changes next week.  

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I went to last years game and it was 21-0 after the 1st quarter. 34-7 at the half. I remember the North Texas players laughing and joking on the sidelines like they could care less. No fire from the coaches, no pride, no urgency. Let’s see if that changes next week.  

mine rocky sylvester stallone GIF

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I went to last years game and it was 21-0 after the 1st quarter. 34-7 at the half. I remember the North Texas players laughing and joking on the sidelines like they could care less. No fire from the coaches, no pride, no urgency. Let’s see if that changes next week.  

I hope we don’t give up 21 in the first, but from just last night, PB and the defense seem different. I think it’s going to be a better game than the 25 pt spread. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Couldn’t*

• Upvote 2

I don’t see us being in this game after halftime, similar to last year. We might get some garbage points in the 4th to make it look closer, but this program and it’s fans freak out at the sight of an SMU Mustang. When they are good, they kill us. It’s when they are bad, like terrible, that we can beat them.  SMU isn’t anywhere close to being terrible, so I expect a thorough ass-kicking in this one. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Now twice spurned by the Big 12 for membership, SMU seems to always have North Texas to play Daddy to.  Anyone else getting tired of that role? At 70 I damn sure am.  

🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 I’ve seen us green-saddle SMU 4 times since 1973 & looking back I‘m trying to recall how those wins just so revolutionized our football program going forward.  IMO, they didn’t. I don’t think 4 MG wins over SMU in a row would change much except at DFW area office water coolers college sports chit chats. 

In Wren We Trust has to do what Wren’s gotta do with scheduling —& I support anything he does because I think the man knows what he’s doing which will eventually take our favorite school to the next level, but less SMU on future schedules I would support wholeheartedly.  (I know—they just signed for 4 more games).😆

• Thanks 1