How Good is NWS?

MeanGreen_MBA

Watching the game, NWS looked like they could hold their own. The played a solid game. Lost some turnovers, but that looked like good, tough defense to me. I don’t think we will know how GOOD of a game we played for a few weeks. 

it was a methodical win. Not sure how much we held back for next weeks sakes. I was overall impressed with NWS. We have overall more talent, but that didn’t seem to intimidate them. 

I posted this in the game thread, but it's more appropriate here:

So, got a bit of NW insight from an alumnus.

Their running back #25 (Scooter Adams) was pretty solid last year, having 2 100yd games out of the 6 games he played in.

They had a QB (I think a nUTSAck transfer) that was to be the expected starter but he ended up being academically ineligible.  Not sure how long they had to plan for his replacement, but I gather it was a relatively recent change.

Noticing all around the county that FCS teams were playing much closer games this year than in the past.  I would bet dollars to donuts that had a lot to do with them playing a whole season in the spring vs FBS teams that hadn't played in 8 months.

Edited by GreenN'walinsVet
  • Upvote 4