Game day issues

glick1980

4 hours ago, Green Crazy said:

Please someone get in the PA guy's ear.  He is trying too hard.  The Davis and Davis thing (I also think he had a similar comment about the Murphy twins) and he was also saying stuff about Torrey being in a single back set prior to the play  and other things I can't think of that had to do with our formations.  We don't need that from a PA guy. Down and distance, first down call, 3rd down reminder (some people need it) and the players involved in the play. He can add a little flavor to it, but stick to the basics. Hopefully he gets better, but surely they interviewed him and he did a mock calling of the game prior to Saturday, right? And if so, they thought that was better? Disappointing.  

The small score board was also disappointing since I'm a numbers guy when it comes to sports and they help me decide how the game is going in real time. #asdf and test? Bush league 

You don't know ASDF??

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Wren Baker, AKA, Wren Fan of Gomeangreen Baker

It’s great he’s hearing the feedback and fans are submitting it. I think my biggest problem is that when there’s an issue on game day at Apogee, I’ve resigned to expecting it to just be something that will be an issue all game. The inability to troubleshoot and correct is more troubling than the issues themselves. But I digress on this. I’ll be at all the games regardless.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Rudy said:

Then he should already have this down.

All of you who are now suddenly PA experts (like every other theme on this football forum) need to grow some balls & just go tell PA guy Rob Coffey all this to his face— O Ye Brave Keyboard Warriors.  

🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, Green Crazy said:

Please someone get in the PA guy's ear.  He is trying too hard.  The Davis and Davis thing (I also think he had a similar comment about the Murphy twins) and he was also saying stuff about Torrey being in a single back set prior to the play  and other things I can't think of that had to do with our formations.  We don't need that from a PA guy. Down and distance, first down call, 3rd down reminder (some people need it) and the players involved in the play. He can add a little flavor to it, but stick to the basics. Hopefully he gets better, but surely they interviewed him and he did a mock calling of the game prior to Saturday, right? And if so, they thought that was better? Disappointing.  

The small score board was also disappointing since I'm a numbers guy when it comes to sports and they help me decide how the game is going in real time. #asdf and test? Bush league 

Look, you're obviously a homer who can't face the facts that Jayaire Shorter and KD Davis are both garbage players.  We've already seen what they can do.   It's time for them to take a seat for the super transfer kids who were previously backing up Alabama's Biletnikoff frontrunner & Clemson's Nagurski frontrunner!1!!   They're only here because they weren't going to get any playing time behind those guys, but both were top 15 high school recruits at their positions 3 years ago!!!1!1!   We're lucky to have #ASDF & Test? here in Denton now.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

All of you who are now suddenly PA experts (like every other theme on this football forum) need to grow some balls & just go tell PA guy Rob Coffey all this to his face— O Ye Brave Keyboard Warriors.  

🦅

Says the man from behind the keyboard.  I'd be happy to tell him my opinions, but I don't have access to him.  My point was, which you obviously missed, is that he HAS been doing this for a while, so he should know what works and what doesn't.  And he is good at calling basketball games, but what works for one sport doesn't work for another.

• Upvote 3
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1