Game day issues

glick1980

I'd like to add, in addition to the "Mean Greeeeeen FIRST DOWN" that should be brought back.... The band should ONLY and ALWAYS play "North Texas Fight" on 3rd Downs. Under the previous band director, this was always played on 3rd downs and everyone knew exactly what to do... Now, sometimes it's played on 3rd downs, and sometimes on 2nd, and sometimes just whenever. Additionally, it was great knowing that whenever you are in the stadium, if you heard "North Texas Fight", you KNEW it was a 3rd down.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

And they can even work the sponsorship into it. “That’s good for another MEAN… GREEN… FIRST DOWN!!!” with the karate chop towards the end zone “… presented by First State Bank.” 

Come on, Wren, don’t let us down.

Yeah that’s exactly what I’m hoping for. Work in the sponsor without getting completely doing away with it.

• Upvote 2

One of the best things we do at a football game, and sometimes basketball game, is “NORTH.”  “TEXAS.”  “NORTH.”  “TEXAS.”  It was done at the wrong time last night and completely without heart.  We did it better last season with the cheerleaders leading  (hmmm) the chant.  We should do that frequently, 3 times or 5 times and end it.  The North Texas chant should never dwindle away.

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by greenjoe
  • Upvote 5

5 hours ago, glick1980 said:

I thought the team played fine, but there were a ton of game day issues last night.

PA system didn’t work on starting lineup introductions.

Announcer was subpar - did not do first down call we are all accustomed to.

Stats on the small scoreboard were not updated after the first quarter.  All individual stats had our player names as #asdf.  How can this not be tested prior to the game?

Trash cans were never emptied and were all overflowing at the end of the game.  Trash was stacked outside of the trash cans.

We can and should do better.

I agree with most of this, but the PA system hasn’t worked in ten years…. Just feels like typical apogee haha. 

PA announcer will get better, but I’m ok not celebrating every first down. Let’s celebrate some TDs and wins. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 6

2 hours ago, greenjoe said:

One of the best things we do at a football game, and sometimes basketball game, is “NORTH.”  “TEXAS.”  “NORTH.”  “TEXAS.”  It was done at the wrong time last night and completely without heart.  We did it better last season with the cheerleaders leading  (hmmm) the chant.  We should do that frequently, 3 times or 5 times and end it.  The North Texas chant should never dwindle away.

GO MEAN GREEN

Felt like the timing was off all night!

image.gif.b7517548bc69e8482d95596b258db8c2.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, BIMG said:

In addition to the foregoing the band did not play "Fly Like an Eagle" once last night.  Are we done with that?

WE BETTER NOT douchebagING BE!!!!!

the band was a big disappointment for me last night.  shit halftime show, standing around, not even straight lines, no energy, no movement...not good

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, THOR said:

WE BETTER NOT douchebagING BE!!!!!

the band was a big disappointment for me last night.  shit halftime show, standing around, not even straight lines, no energy, no movement...not good

They had a damn emergency and had several ambulances picking up high school kids that had overheated.  Whose idea to do this band thing in such horrific heat.  Hopefully we don’t get sued.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Tom McKrackin said:

They had a damn emergency and had several ambulances picking up high school kids that had overheated.  Whose idea to do this band thing in such horrific heat.  Hopefully we don’t get sued.

hope all those kids are ok, but i'm going to be that guy...

i was in the green brigade in the late 90s....marched 3 shows a year, full on wool/polyester uniforms, never wore shorts, could only take off our jackets during the third quarter.  we had plenty of hot ass days....i don't get it.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, THOR said:

hope all those kids are ok, but i'm going to be that guy...

i was in the green brigade in the late 90s....marched 3 shows a year, full on wool/polyester uniforms, never wore shorts, could only take off our jackets during the third quarter.  we had plenty of hot ass days....i don't get it.

Kids are more obese now. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • RV 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

8 hours ago, Felozano said:

I think the lack of halftime show was a heat thing. There was also a high school special event that was canceled due to kids passing out during pre game rehearsal.  I’m just speculating, though. 🤷🏽‍♂️

EC9A950E-501D-43EC-B029-CB83EA5A5BF6.jpeg

I think they said it was the 2nd hottest opening game in our history.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Agree that small video board has become useless with all the missing or outdated stuff.

I don't see any mention above about the lack of information in the game program. It is just NT coaches and roster and advertising. Nothing about opponent and no opponent roster. It no longer includes depth charts for NT. 

Despite the heat, the Green Brigade was in new uniforms. Hopefully, they will have a marching halftime in two weeks. The pregame entry was a great improvement.

4 minutes ago, rws69 said:

Despite the heat, the Green Brigade was in new uniforms. Hopefully, they will have a marching halftime in two weeks. The pregame entry was a great improvement.

Complaints coming about the way they ran onto the field coming in 3… 2…

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, rws69 said:

Agree that small video board has become useless with all the missing or outdated stuff.

I don't see any mention above about the lack of information in the game program. It is just NT coaches and roster and advertising. Nothing about opponent and no opponent roster. It no longer includes depth charts for NT. 

Program? I didn't see any available.

• Thanks 2

On 9/5/2021 at 10:11 AM, UNTcrazy727 said:

I heard our new PA guy was calling quarters stanzas? Like “at the end of the first stanza, our score is…”

Can anyone confirm? If true, that would drive me absolutely crazy. We’re at a football game, not a poetry reading. 

Well, we’re an Internationally acclaimed Music School & stanza is a Music term, right?  I’ll do more research on this.