Took care of business

mustangfan

26 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I do a lot of hiring and have hired two SMU grads. Both, as noted in another post, were entitled and wanted everything handed to them. Didn’t understand hard work or how to take initiative.  Haven’t hired another. Then again, I honestly rarely see a resume with SMU on it anymore now that I am not in the DFW market. 

When we expanded our in house legal team I sought out SMU law grads, but I have to agree with the middle management finance guy who posted earlier - after about a year of working nobody cares where your degree is from and if you want "doers" self-made types from any school are the way to go.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DentonStang said:

When we expanded our in house legal team I sought out SMU law grads, but I have to agree with the middle management finance guy who posted earlier - after about a year of working nobody cares where your degree is from and if you want "doers" self-made types from any school are the way to go.

Sr. Director of Finance is a tad above “middle management finance guy”. Nice back handed comment. 

• Skeptical Eagle 1

12 hours ago, DentonStang said:

Attendance smack from a school with 10x the students and alumni but no better attendance is embarrassing. What's next, band smack?  How about uniforms?  Stadium design?  Academics?

Sure lol. Apogee is much nicer and way cooler looking than boring ass and empty ass Ford stadium

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, NTSU52 said:

Sure lol. Apogee is much nicer and way cooler looking than boring ass and empty ass Ford stadium

I'd actually rate Apogee higher than Ford, even adjusting for the age. With park cities height restriction push the oversized suite tower down, they compensated by putting more seats in the end zone, and worse, the corners, instead of a small 2nd deck on the east side. Apogee has higher % of good seats even with the ridiculous duck butt end zone. 

Edited by DentonStang
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1