Attendance Predictions

MeanGreen2019

4 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Nobody should be shocked. CoVid + Shit Season last year + Uncertainty of this season & most especially hot temps plus playing a team no one knows of

Precisely.  Student section showed up great and home side didn’t look awful.  Wing was sparse. It honestly felt like a normal Apogee night but that’s not necessarily a positive.  NWSt was actually respectable in their showing all things considered.  I’ve seen lots of teams being less.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Nobody should be shocked. CoVid + Shit Season last year + Uncertainty of this season & most especially hot temps plus playing a team no one knows of

Yeah it was HOT. The entire game. Hot and humid from 11AM (when I got out there) to 10PM (when I left)

Probably lost 2 pounds from how much sweating I did today. Unbelievably hot

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, UNTEngr.#43 said:

20k in attendance!

GMG!

Dave Barnett said a bit over 18,000 (which seemed fairly accurate). 

•••Gosh, the heat was almost unbearable.  18K may have been a decent crowd considering the God-awful heat. Thought we might have more of the record-breaking Freshmen class, but they probably noticed the heat, too.  

••• I heard the High School Bands were told to go home pre-game when several bandsmen were passing out.  To me that was a very smart decision by whoever made it. 

•••Was super proud of the Green Brigade for wearing their new uniforms in the heat &.....how about their pregame  “run-in”  onto the Apogee field?  I know one particular GMG poster who would have loved it. 

•••Rob C. was good as the new PA guy. Needs to work on a few staples like “And that’s good for another Mean Green—-1’st DOWN!” ( it’s his mic, though, & he can do whatever he wants like start some of his own new traditions. 

🦅❇️🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

32 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I think 18 is pretty accurate. Student section wasn’t THAT bad

18K seems right

It really isn’t. And I wish we’d (and everyone) just report the actual gate number. It is an actual figure that every school knows. My guess is tonight was somewhere in the 10-12 thousand range. People there would have probably filled every seat in the student side with just a bit of spillover into end zone. 

• Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

47 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I think 18 is pretty accurate. Student section wasn’t THAT bad

18K seems right

I always try to mental figure out how to estimate. Do you think each side holds 12k and the endzone 6k?  (With club and boxes in the endzone count?) That's how i visualize it. I think if you scooted everyone together towards the field on each side, it is 50% capacity. The upper areas were very sparse. The endzone was nearly empty. My friend in the club said it was less than 50%.. I know I didn't use my 4 seats on the club.

6k + 6k + 2k (endzone, club)

That's how I guestimate 14k.😎

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin

1 hour ago, dutch said:

23,323 last night

Makes sense for SMU last night. Sonny Dykes has said this is his most talented team he’s had so far. With the addition of Mordecai and highly ranked Freshman Preston Stone, there’s a lot of anticipation with that program right now. 

Tough matchup for us, but SMU is not unbeatable by any means. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreen2019 said:

Makes sense for SMU last night. Sonny Dykes has said this is his most talented team he’s had so far. With the addition of Mordecai and highly ranked Freshman Preston Stone, there’s a lot of anticipation with that program right now. 

Tough matchup for us, but SMU is not unbeatable by any means. 

And a lot of people were out of town for the 3-day weekend. 

Should be a good game next week. Looking forward to it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1

I left my section 209 & went over to the Wing Zone to take these at the last of the 1’st quarter.  And then later to take a pic of the Green Brigade.  
••• The lower end zone seemed about 75% full. 

•••There were hundreds of fans under both sides concessions areas. 

C4DE0EFC-2862-4935-99A0-26E348760F9B.thumb.jpeg.f58fc6b3c93b09e1b617b81a219ccad8.jpegB3FCDC55-27AE-4CE0-90FF-7043585D543A.thumb.jpeg.c1af3bfb35e2341b202f6f95ee91f67b.jpegD36935A1-737E-4EB3-84AA-204439A7001A.thumb.jpeg.2529ae7c7a66d508c751f14e8ccf1389.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, tmjerm said:

Precisely.  Student section showed up great and home side didn’t look awful.  Wing was sparse. It honestly felt like a normal Apogee night but that’s not necessarily a positive.  NWSt was actually respectable in their showing all things considered.  I’ve seen lots of teams being less.  

LIKE smu