Breaking -- UNT, SMU extend football series

Brett Vito

Love it.

OT: Would love to see more regional matchups.  They don't even have to be long-term series.  Once or twice a decade for each program, rotating among such as the following:

LaLa
TxState
UH
Lubuttox
TCU (are we not even on TCU's radar? Will I live my entire life without seeing a Mean Green - Horned Frog matchup? maybe they are not on our radar either.)

....also still kinda upset the Wisconsin game got cancelled.  #notregionalthough

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

Love it.

OT: Would love to see more regional matchups.  They don't even have to be long-term series.  Once or twice a decade for each program, rotating among such as the following:

LaLa
TxState
UH
Lubuttox
TCU (are we not even on TCU's radar? Will I live my entire life without seeing a Mean Green - Horned Frog matchup? maybe they are not on our radar either.)

....also still kinda upset the Wisconsin game got cancelled.  #notregionalthough

They played my freshman and sophomore years, I think.  2001 and 2002?  Geez…20 years ago….the years fly by.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

Love it.

LaLa
TxState
UH
Lubuttox

Not sure we want to tangle with ULL this day & time....id like to see us have a home and away with the froggies......

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Yep. And if I recall, we held LT to his season low down at Amon Carter.

That was the infamous “Throw the ball” chant that UNT fans (MFers) made toward Dickey and his give-up gameplan of running out the clock to get the check ASAP. So depressing to look back at our own coach believing so little in his team that he wouldn’t even try to make anything happen on offense.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

That was the infamous “Throw the ball” chant that UNT fans (MFers) made toward Dickey and his give-up gameplan of running out the clock to get the check ASAP. So depressing to look back at our own coach believing so little in his team that he wouldn’t even try to make anything happen on offense.

No, that game was earlier.  1999, I believe.

• Upvote 1