Big XII (8) Identifies Targets

emmitt01

32 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

If they are going to add Houston they will have to add Dallas and actually UTSA may be attractive to them eventually as well.  You can sell advertisers on the fact you have the three biggest markets in Texas.

Texas markets are why I still think at some point UNT and UTSA would be on the MWC radar. Their teams recruit here (Hawaii has 10+ Texas players).

1 hour ago, Tom McKrackin said:

If they are going to add Houston they will have to add Dallas and actually UTSA may be attractive to them eventually as well.  You can sell advertisers on the fact you have the three biggest markets in Texas.

Uhhhh no. 

• Upvote 3

Per the Houston Chronicle

UH expected to make leap to Big 12

Five years after a potential match fizzled, the University of Houston and Big 12 Conference are on the verge of uniting after all.

UH has emerged as a leading contender to join a reconfigured 12-team Big 12 with a formal vote planned for next week, two people with knowledge of the talks said Thursday.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/college/article/UH-expected-to-make-leap-to-Big-12-16432110.php?utm_campaign=CMS Sharing Tools (Premium)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Any move by UH would require 27 months of notice and $10 million exit fee to the AAC. The Big 12’s move to add schools could lead to Texas and Oklahoma joining the SEC sooner.

It looks as if realignment may be happening sooner than expected.

11 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Texas Tech, TCU and Baylor already cover DFW. Also, I would think Tech has a bigger presence in San Antonio than UTSA does. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

18 minutes ago, Cougar King said:

Texas Tech, TCU and Baylor already cover DFW. Also, I would think Tech has a bigger presence in San Antonio than UTSA does. 

Agree on DFW, for sure. For the AAC, UTSA is probably going to be headed their way. 

In the big picture, for CUSA, it’s not gonna really matter much. We get nothing for TV anyway, so Texas State will fill in adequately for UTSA. If Rice also goes, as I suspect they will, I’d anticipate us going after ULL pretty hard, which would be a nice pickup for football. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

Agree on DFW, for sure. For the AAC, UTSA is probably going to be headed their way. 

In the big picture, for CUSA, it’s not gonna really matter much. We get nothing for TV anyway, so Texas State will fill in adequately for UTSA. If Rice also goes, as I suspect they will, I’d anticipate us going after ULL pretty hard, which would be a nice pickup for football. 

Don't be surprised if the AAC takes Rice if UH get the B12 call

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2