ESPN: BYU, Houston top Big 12-2 (-2 again) candidates

ChiefTenBeers2015

They will never replace it but they would still be solid additions.  I am not sure if SMU will get in this round or not, but I like how we are positioned for the next round which they will need to do as all of the major conferences will need to have 16 to match with the SEC.  The rumor on the Hilltop is that there are some big money donors offering to offset the Big 12 revenue share to make us more attractive to the existing schools.  SMU is the only program that has been able to offer that.

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, mustangfan said:

They will never replace it but they would still be solid additions.  I am not sure if SMU will get in this round or not, but I like how we are positioned for the next round which they will need to do as all of the major conferences will need to have 16 to match with the SEC.  The rumor on the Hilltop is that there are some big money donors offering to offset the Big 12 revenue share to make us more attractive to the existing schools.  SMU is the only program that has been able to offer that.

But there is still no fans at the game…except maybe visiting fans. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mustangfan said:

SHOW "ME" THE MONEY!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, mustangfan said:

So SMU would take less revenue which would be filled by donors from SMU…to pay…..SMU? Those donors will then fill the gap that the BIG 12 will not give SMU for joining. That sounds shady AF and not sustainable in the long term 🤨

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, mustangfan said:

Sport Who Cares GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

Adding any School in the state of Texas doesn’t really help the Big 12.  With Houston being supported more by Houstonians (when they are good) it as least something to sell the Networks.  SMU is not really the common Dallas area man’s school nor football program.  More infamous for receiving the death penalty more than they are famous for anything.  The PAC 12 needs to either take a couple of Texas teams not currently in the Big 12 or just hold their noses and take OSU and Texas Tech.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

Adding any School in the state of Texas doesn’t really help the Big 12.  With Houston being supported more by Houstonians (when they are good) it as least something to sell the Networks.  SMU is not really the common Dallas area man’s school nor football program.  More infamous for receiving the death penalty more than they are famous for anything.  The PAC 12 needs to either take a couple of Texas teams not currently in the Big 12 or just hold their noses and take OSU and Texas Tech.  

I still think TCU give the PAC12 the best opportunity for a Texas market

• Upvote 4

21 hours ago, mustangfan said:

🎶“...Cause money can’t buy you love.”🎶 (the Beatles)

So dream on, mustangfan ...your great- grandchildren will not see SMU in the Big 12.  Just hunker down with the rest of us, bud.
Arrogantly blocking & blackballing North Texas at every conference re-alignment turn seems to me to be having a most subtle payback. 
So just bask in the glory of that 1930-something National Championship.  
A time that was closer to Indian depridations in Texas than the present.  

🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, mustangfan said:

The rumor on the Hilltop is that there are some big money donors offering to offset the Big 12 revenue share to make us more attractive to the existing schools.  SMU is the only program that has been able to offer that.

Man....that is a whole different level of pathetic...

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

So SMU would take less revenue which would be filled by donors from SMU…to pay…..SMU? Those donors will then fill the gap that the BIG 12 will not give SMU for joining. That sounds shady AF and not sustainable in the long term 🤨

Dude,   NEVER UNDERESTIMATE SMU's ability to pay for silly things!

Not gonna lie, if NT had more deep pocket donors, I'd hope we could "offer" the same kind of thing.  But alas, I'm broke.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Not gonna lie, if NT had more deep pocket donors, I'd hope we could "offer" the same kind of thing.  But alas, I'm broke.

True. In this case I’m more hating on the player than the game 😅

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, mustangfan said:

Only SMU would take pride in "buying" their way in with Daddy's money

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

North Texas has a 12 zeros earning (as in billionaire) UNT alum close to our scene who could be to us as Fertitta is to UH.  No name mentioned but if you know please do let UNT’s cache of fundraisers deal with him.

I would love to know if UNT’s frosh QB’s mom from Pawhuska, Oklahoma, ie, the Pioneer Woman is setting up for the big tailgate tomorrow? 🤫
(Tony B, you could be in for a little competition if she does, but we know you will not be intimidate).🤠

🥪🍕🌭🥓🍔🧇🥖 🥩 🍗 

BEAT THOSE DEMONS! 

❇️🦅❇️

410E4134-6D17-47AE-83CD-DA4C39FFF708.jpeg.4a625770116b88797cc213974376ffeb.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Thanks 2

I see that Orlando is the biggest TV market without a pro team?   So is Houston smaller than Orlando, I don't think Houston has a pro team right now.😉

I hear Judy put out a new memo for CUSA members:   She is studying the changing conferences and will get back to them when she figures it out.  Fire Judy now!

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

🎶“...Cause money can’t buy you love.”🎶 (the Beatles)

So dream on, mustangfan ...your great- grandchildren will not see SMU in the Big 12.  Just hunker down with the rest of us, bud.
Arrogantly blocking & blackballing North Texas at every conference re-alignment turn seems to me to be having a most subtle payback. 
So just bask in the glory of that 1930-something National Championship.  
A time that was closer to Indian depridations in Texas than the present.  

🦅

More like the genicide of indigenous people, but we digress…

Edited by ChiefTenBeers2015