Damn! Damn! Damn!!!

Hookset

36 minutes ago, Hookset said:

I was so totally pumped for tailgating and the UNT football game this weekend. Then I started running a fever this week. Got my test results.

Positive for COVID-19. Quarantined for 10 days.

I buy season tickets for my sons, daughter in law, and grandkids. Now I will be cheering from home.

I am just so frustrated…

Enjoy the game people!

GMG!!!

Might still be able to make the SMU game if you test negative next week. Suppose to be 10 days from your first symptoms so if it was early enough this week maybe you can go to that game! 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Hookset said:

I was so totally pumped for tailgating and the UNT football game this weekend. Then I started running a fever this week. Got my test results.

Positive for COVID-19. Quarantined for 10 days.

I buy season tickets for my sons, daughter in law, and grandkids. Now I will be cheering from home.

I am just so frustrated…

Enjoy the game people!

GMG!!!

Hope you got the vaccine prior to your illness. Get well soon!

• Upvote 7

9 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Might still be able to make the SMU game if you test negative next week. Suppose to be 10 days from your first symptoms so if it was early enough this week maybe you can go to that game! 

I will be cleared on the 12th. I was going to the SMU game also…

Just Damn!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.  It's crazy how these viruses come in and disrupt our lives and jobs.  My good friend just passed away but he did not get the vaccine.  I was so sad for him and his family.  I hope some day we can live in a world where these viruses can be eliminated or at least contained.  God bless you and we will miss you on Saturday!

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

2 minutes ago, Hookset said:

I am fully vaccinated. I work as a therapist in a large school district. So I wanted to protect the medically fragile kids I work with. 
Kinda surprised I got this. I am very healthy and rarely get sick at all. 
Go figure…

Good. Hopefully your symptoms are mild and you can get back in person.

• Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

Good. Hopefully your symptoms are mild and you can get back in person.

Vaccine can't guarantee you from getting it, it can prepare you. Could be so much worse otherwise.

Thanks for being responsible! These sacrifices make sure everyone else can still enjoy a good season in the stands!

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1

5 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Sorry to hear.  I missed the last 2 home games and my first Apogee misses back in November from a positive, and symptom free COVID test.  

Get well.

Unfortunately I am not symptom free. I got the swine flu in 2008. I feel like that. Just terrible. I am starting a steroid and some other things prescribed by the doctor. Supposed to boost my immune system for a speedy recovery.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Hookset said:

I am fully vaccinated. I work as a therapist in a large school district. So I wanted to protect the medically fragile kids I work with. 
Kinda surprised I got this. I am very healthy and rarely get sick at all. 
Go figure…

Thank you for doing all the right things. Hopes and prayers that we'll see you safe and well on the other side of this setback.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1