Joe Rogan tests positive for COVID, says he's taking unapproved deworming drug ivermectin

Just now, UNTLifer said:

Doesn't do a damn bit of good once you test positive.  Try again.  If you test positive, what is approved to treat someone?  If what was prescribed to me and my family is so bad, why would long term, trusted healthcare professionals prescribe these meds, therapeutics and risk their professional careers?  

You just told a story about a friend who went to their doctor, was rightfully denied medicine that hasn't been approved by the FDA because it doesn't work and hasn't been tested. I don't think that is it. More doctors recommend getting the vaccine than taking non-FDA authorized or approved medicine for covid care. The vaccine mostly prevents symptoms if breakthrough cases occur. 

https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-care/public-health/what-fda-wants-doctors-tell-patients-asking-ivermectin

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/pharmacy/physicians-prescribing-ivermectin-for-covid-19-despite-fda-warning.html

Here's some *actual* research about this. Take the shot.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, denton_days said:

You just told a story about a friend who went to their doctor, was rightfully denied medicine that hasn't been approved by the FDA because it doesn't work and hasn't been tested. I don't think that is it. More doctors recommend getting the vaccine than taking non-FDA authorized or approved medicine for covid care. The vaccine mostly prevents symptoms if breakthrough cases occur. 

https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-care/public-health/what-fda-wants-doctors-tell-patients-asking-ivermectin

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/pharmacy/physicians-prescribing-ivermectin-for-covid-19-despite-fda-warning.html

Here's some *actual* research about this. Take the shot.

Answer my question. If a person tests positive for Covid what are they prescribing to treat the virus. Get the vaccine isn’t the answer. 

Heres some actual research as well. Ball’s in your court 

https://journals.lww.com/americantherapeutics/fulltext/2021/08000/ivermectin_for_prevention_and_treatment_of.7.aspx

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

23 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

You should plan your party.  I am returning to work today after being off for testing positive.  Our doctor prescribed ivermectin, zinc, singulair, pepsid and a zpac.  Outside of nausea, my symptoms weren't terrible and recovered nicely.  Still not a fan of our vaccine options.  No need to send me an invite.

I don't despise people who are unvaccinated, I simply wish they would so this thing would go away. It is funny that you think staying alive without a vaccine is some sort of own though, says way more about your fragile ego than anything else. 

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Answer my question. If a person tests positive for Covid what are they prescribing to treat the virus. Get the vaccine isn’t the answer. 

https://journals.lww.com/americantherapeutics/fulltext/2021/08000/ivermectin_for_prevention_and_treatment_of.7.aspx

Damn it's too bad they didn't have the vaccine available for 6 entire months before you tested positive. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

I don't despise people who are unvaccinated, I simply wish they would so this thing would go away. It is funny that you think staying alive without a vaccine is some sort of own though, says way more about your fragile ego than anything else. 

I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

14 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

Damn it's too bad they didn't have the vaccine available for 6 entire months before you tested positive. 

Damn, it's too bad you don't understand what the issue is for some folks.  You're too busy wishing them dead on calling them names than trying to understand.

BTW, the virus isn't going away, ever.

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 2

11 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Nothing.  The answer is nothing, like your friend found out in their interaction with their first doctor.   
It's great that you both found a quack to give you some placebo's but in reality, you should be praising God for your immune system that was able to handle the virus like the vast majority of people.   The ivermectin did nothing for your recovery.  You just happened to recover while taking it.
IMO, it's still very careless to risk your life, not knowing how your body will handle it, when a vaccine that has proven to greatly reduce the affects because it boosts your own immune system is readily available.

What is it about the vaccine that is worrisome to you?

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

The fact that you needed to drag this thread up and declare you're returning to work after testing positive is no skin off my back or a concern to me at all. Get better. Get worse. Doesn't affect me either way. Try not to take up an ICU bed for someone who needs it after a car accident or something. 

5 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Damn, it's too bad you don't understand what the issue is for some folks. 

Willful ignorance and an inflated ego thinking you know more than people who have dedicated their lives to developing life-saving vaccines is your only issue.

6 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

You're too busy wishing them dead on calling them names than trying to understand.

I never wished him dead, simply that he'd get badly sick and change his mind. The dude has an audience of 10 million or so. That's 10 million dopes like yourself who are out there spreading this shit around every day. 

7 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

BTW, the virus isn't going away, ever.

Since you can predict the future let me know if I should bet the spread for Marshall this week. I really don't like putting money down against my alma mater, but -11 seems small. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Nothing.  The answer is nothing, like your friend found out in their interaction with their first doctor.   
It's great that you both found a quack to give you some placebo's but in reality, you should be praising God for your immune system that was able to handle the virus like the vast majority of people.   The ivermectin did nothing for your recovery.  You just happened to recover while taking it.
IMO, it's still very careless to risk your life, not knowing how your body will handle it, when a vaccine that has proven to greatly reduce the affects because it boosts your own immune system is readily available.

What is it about the vaccine that is worrisome to you?

Exactly, there is nothing.  Didn't find a quack to provide a placebo.  Found a medical provider that is willing to look at options that have shown to be successful and have studies to back that up.  Guess you chose to not read the study I provided.

As I have stated many times, the mRNA type vaccine and the technology used to deliver and create the protein.  A trusted acquaintance that spent over 40 years in medicine has concerns of the potential side effects to the autoimmune system over the long term.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

13 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Did you read the results of that? They conclude :with only moderate certainty that it could perhaps be beneficial." They also conclude that 2 of the other 5 reports done don't really hold up, and at the end they just hope that people can maybe consider it because it economically makes sense. 

Moderate-certainty evidence finds that large reductions in COVID-19 deaths are possible using ivermectin. Using ivermectin early in the clinical course may reduce numbers progressing to severe disease.

At least 5 other reviews of ivermectin use for COVID-19 have been published, including one coauthored with Nobel Laureate Professor Satoshi Ōmura, discoverer of ivermectin, but only 3 have been peer-reviewed and only 2 attempt full systematic review. We applied AMSTAR 2, a critical appraisal tool for systematic reviews of health care interventions, to the 2 nonpeered systematic reviews and both were judged to be of low quality (Table 5). However, there was also a suggestion that ivermectin reduced the risk of death in treatment of COVID-19 in these reviews.

The conclusions rule that it only 'may' have a positive impact on healing people, but the real benefit is that it's cheap and everywhere already. I don't discount that it could be beneficial, but it obviously needs a lot of testing for it to be taken seriously before it gets handed out as a treatment. Don't take test drugs with very small research done. Take the shot, which has numerous clinical trials and 99.99% of doctors recommending based on overwhelming research. 

Edited by denton_days
  • Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Exactly, there is nothing.  Didn't find a quack to provide a placebo.  Found a medical provider that is willing to look at options that have shown to be successful and have studies to back that up.  Guess you chose to not read the study I provided.

As I have stated many times, the mRNA type vaccine and the technology used to deliver and create the protein.  A trusted acquaintance that spent over 40 years in medicine has concerns of the potential side effects to the autoimmune system over the long term.  

Sorry, but you found a quack.

Again, we've seen there is a, what? 97% non-innoculated recovery rate with this virus.   
You're in the 97%, and that's great!  But you absolutely played craps with that 3%.  Like me telling you to choose from 1 out of 50 planes to get on, but guaranteeing one of them is going to crash today.   You feel confident about getting on one at all? 
Well, you got on one of the 49 good planes and took an asprin to keep the crash from hurting.  That's great!

Sorry if I take your link to the American Journal of Therapeutics that basically doesn't come to a conclusion as sketchy.
Here's what the US's best & brightest medical researchers (Johns Hopkins) are putting out there about mRNA vaccines:
https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2021/the-long-history-of-mrna-vaccines
Why are you doubting them?   What's in it for them & the myriads of other reputable medical researchers to recommend a vaccine if it could possibly harm you?

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

36 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

.  A trusted acquaintance that spent over 40 years in medicine has concerns of the potential side effects to the autoimmune system over the long term.  

LMAO. Certainly not a doctor, likely a chiropractor. 

What's that doc think about potential long term side effects of Covid, like the acceleration of alzheimer's or loss of grey matter in brains of patients? 

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/covid-19-may-cause-loss-brain-tissue-delta-variant-fuels-steep-infection-rise-2021-06-18/

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

Okay but if this person were an MD you would have said as much rather than just "acquaintance in the medical field". 

Not an MD, but the "quacks" you so lovingly applied that title too are MD's. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Downvote 2