UNT Flyer sighting

Jonnyeagle

We owe UNTFlyer so much love for helping lead us away from Toilet Bowl Fouts and getting to enjoy beautiful Apogee, The administration promised Todd Dodge he'd get a new stadium when he left SLC. While he was a disaster as a head coach here, the ONLY thing he did that was positive was continually bringing up the fact that he was promised a new stadium would get built. But it took UNTFlyer and his role with the SGA to actually make a referendum happen. When it passed, watching all the hand-wringing that occurred in the usual spots around here about paying for a new stadium on the backs of future students, it was just glorious to so many of us who believed that this day would never happen.

I suspect, and its just my opinion, that UNTFlyer probably imagined this place really taking off as a winning program once Apogee was built and we got into CUSA.  He was a new alumnus, was positive about what was going on, and where we looked to be headed. But the losing appears to have taken its toll on him--which it usually does to the folks who actually care about our football program. I hope he stays with the program and will be here for decades as a fan/supporter. But if he doesn't, we still owe him a level of gratitude that a simple thanks doesn't provide. He walked the walk, while so many others talked the talk just to avoid ever having to spend anything more on the program than they had to.  I think about him every single time I go to a UNT game at Apogee.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 2

2 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

I hope he stays with the program and will be here for decades as a fan/supporter. But if he doesn't, we still owe him a level of gratitude that a simple thanks doesn't provide. 

If anything I've learned in my time from UNT and post graduation, UNT fans don't quit. EVER. We've been through the worst, we dream of the best, and we complain the whole way. But every single one of you guys are passionate and dedicated, which is what makes this board so much fun. Like minded and hopelessly optimistic!

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Udomann said:

If anything I've learned in my time from UNT and post graduation, UNT fans don't quit. EVER. We've been through the worst, we dream of the best, and we complain the whole way. But every single one of you guys are passionate and dedicated, which is what makes this board so much fun. Like minded and hopelessly optimistic!

Victory’s in store, whatever the score. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1