The Ticket (KTCK)Thursday

Marty

37 minutes ago, WanderingEagle said:

Can someone provide context here? I used to listen to the musers religiously but not in recent years. I know he's a grad but pretty openly doesnt GaF about our athletics but is there more to it?

Craig was roommates with Georgio back at West Hall but he turned his back on UNT football and became a t-shirt OU fan.   It’s a damn shame 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Craig was roommates with Georgio back at West Hall but he turned his back on UNT football and became a t-shirt OU fan.   It’s a damn shame 

Miller grew up an OU fan. It wasn’t a post college thing. That makes things a little different but it is irritating because it is typical of our alumni generally. With that said, I think as much as the criticism of Miller is moderately overblown, the praise for Dunham is also such. He isn’t the NT cheerleader on KTCK many seem to give him credit for. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

13 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Miller grew up an OU fan. It wasn’t a post college thing. That makes things a little different but it is irritating because it is typical of our alumni generally. With that said, I think as much as the criticism of Miller is moderately overblown, the praise for Dunham is also such. He isn’t the NT cheerleader on KTCK many seem to give him credit for. 

Dunham has been and probably still is a great fan of NT.   I can understand that his employer does not want him to overdo his NT support.    

Miller has always been an OU fan, I wonder why he did not go there.

Probably because he got the best broadcast media education available at NT.  

I don't get the grow up as an X fan thing.   Most of my Texas generation grew up being SWC fans, but I don't understand why that would not change to the school that you actually were part of. 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Dunham has been and probably still is a great fan of NT.   I can understand that his employer does not want him to overdue his NT support.    

That’s fine, but then he shouldn’t be placed on the pedestal of some stalwart champion for NT in the media. At least not in recent years.

Miller has always been an OU fan, I wonder why he did not go there.

Probably because he got the best broadcast media education available at NT.  

Almost certainly. 

I don't get the grow up as an X fan thing.   Most of my Texas generation grew up being SWC fans, but I don't understand why that would not change to the school that you actually were part of. 

I don’t get it either, but I also grew up a North Texas fan. Interestingly, Corby Davidson is also an avid OU supporter despite being a TCU grad. So we apparently aren’t the only ones susceptible to Sooner allure. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

That’s fine, but then he shouldn’t be placed on the pedestal of some stalwart champion for NT in the media. At least not in recent years.

Almost certainly. 

I don’t get it either, but I also grew up a North Texas fan. Interestingly, Corby Davidson is also an avid OU supporter despite being a TCU grad. So we apparently aren’t the only ones susceptible to Sooner allure. 

Who in DFW media champions UNT sports more than George? And Corby is actually a UNT grad. He dropped out of TCU. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, greenjoe said:

i think it would be tragic to have affection  for one school and be "forced" to attend another.  

Seems to be a Lone Star State, tradition, greenjoe, & Walmart does their part with non-stop T-shirts representing UT & TAMU.   Of course, those 2 need all that extra state-wide promotional assistance (as if being PUF schools isn’t enough). 🤢

❇️🦅❇️

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

2 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Seems to be a Lone Star State, tradition, greenjoe, & Walmart does their part with non-stop T-shirts representing UT & TAMU.   Of course, those 2 need all that extra state-wide promotional assistance (as if being PUF schools isn’t enough). 🤢

❇️🦅❇️

This is why it is beyond dumb to ever schedule these Power teams in OOC play. When we play Texas, A&M, OU, or LSU, we usually get our asses pounded into oblivion. All it does is make the t-shirt fans of these schools who attend UNT just become bigger fans of them, while our team has been physically beaten to a pulp and their morale completely crushed, usually very early in the season.

I get that money games are necessary for our program. But playing Iowa, Wisconsin, Missouri, or any other non-southern power is the way to go. We have to avoid these local power schools with huge DFW fanbases that many of our students/alumni care more about than their own school. For the most part, TCU did this while building their program up in their WAC/MWC heydays. As I have mentioned often, they gave us a blueprint to follow, in many ways...

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

4 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Almost certainly. 

Everybody loves a winner........?

19 hours ago, rcade said:

Craig Miller graduated from UNT? I listened to the Musers every day for 15 years and had no idea!

Pretty sorry isn't it. The school that allowed his success in broadcasting doesn't get two shakes from him. IMHO, he's the weak link between him, Jub and Gordo.

Screw him.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Harry
This post was recognized by Harry!

"good material"

golfingomez was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 15 points.

10 hours ago, greenjoe said:

Does Oklahoma have a College of Radio, Television and Film  ?  I’ve just never heard of a graduate of that program.

Did Craig like those four Sun Belt Conference championships?

I hope he did... I hope he did vury much!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

Pretty sorry isn't it. The school that allowed his success in broadcasting doesn't get two shakes from him. IMHO, he's the weak link between him, Jub and Gordo.

Screw him.

The guy loves OU but UNT isn't even his side piece. That's a travesty.

And his voice is weird, like a dentist trying to sound soothing as he breaks the news you need another root canal.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1