DRC: UNT press conference notebook -- Littrell coy with QB plans, Torrey WR experiment could be over

Brett Vito

8 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Oh yeah, I know.     I'm pretty sure any time there' an "OR", they list them by alphabetical order.   

I just think it's gonna be Aune to actually start.   Littrell has shown before he's pretty loyal to guys who've been around.

Definitely not the case looking at that other “ORs” lol

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

But there's no game film on Ruder, so what difference would it make to smut? He also doesn't have or much real game experience so it could be Littrell is taking some of the pressure off of him in case he does suck. In that case, Aune is the (somewhat) proven veteran he can turn to as an out.

Just my humble opinion.

Go Mean Green!

What does SMU have to do with the next game?

I doubt the two co-starting QB's will last past the first game.  

• Upvote 1

• Brett Vito changed the title to DRC: UNT press conference notebook -- Littrell coy with QB plans, Torrey WR experiment could be over
2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Oh yeah, I know.     I'm pretty sure any time there' an "OR", they list them by alphabetical order.   

I just think it's gonna be Aune to actually start.   Littrell has shown before he's pretty loyal to guys who've been around.

Could this be why more high level transfers don't come here?

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

14 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

What does SMU have to do with the next game?

I doubt the two co-starting QB's will last past the first game.  

Someone posted earlier, or perhaps somewhere else, that Littrell didn't want to tip his hand to smut by chosing a QB.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

Someone posted earlier, or perhaps somewhere else, that Littrell didn't want to tip his hand to smut by chosing a QB.

That’s a stretch. I honestly do think he just wants to see what they do in a game situation. I don’t agree with it but that’s why I’m writing on the internet and not on the sideline so let’s hope for the best 😅🤷🏽‍♂️

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Can anyone confirm or deny that he indeed said we needed to dominate in every facet of the game? 

He said "all 3 phases" no less than 10 times.

Did anyone catch how he spoke about the other team with 110% coach-speak?   Almost as if he's watched about 30 minutes of film to break down their scheme & that's about it?
One of the reporters even asked about a specific running back on NWSt... Littrell had no freaking clue who the guy was, but he sure filled up about 2 minutes worth of coach-speak reply.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1