Texas CARES Covid-19 Antibody Study

https://sph.uth.edu/projects/texascares/

Vaccinated or not, it is very important for all of us to get in this study to know our antibody status. This gives the state health department a greater understanding of the immunity levels of the Texas populace so they can make the best public health policy decisions. It also gives each of us the peace of mind knowing we have antibodies or the knowledge that we do not so we can correct it by getting vaccinated (or boostered). I am participating and just signed my wife up. 2 participants allowed per household.

It is very simple. You fill out a 3-5 minute survey online and then they will send you a code that you walk into your local CPL labs location with. I’ve invested a total of 20 minutes including the survey and waiting for my blood draw to know my antibody status. It is well worth it and takes very little time or effort. Let’s keep the Mean Green family healthy and alive.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

❇️ First check with your physician.

Omega 3 Fish Oil,

Vitamin C,

Elderberry,

Vitamin D3,

Zinc,

Pepcid ? (check to see if still valid)

I’m not sure I follow Jim. This is a legitimate Antibody study.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

3 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Of course those were vitamins most MD’s & DO’s recommend to their clientele to (hopefully) serve as a CV-19 preventative (so they thought) but who really knows what works against China’s Wuhan virus anymore?   Who knows what will work against the next CV-19 variant for that matter.

A lady friend here in Weatherford  lost 2 longtime friends in their 40’s to CV-19 & both had had the vaccine.  What are we not being told by the CDC which to me is yet another government agency the Lib-Marxists have politicized?  For the life of me, they are all like F’in cockroaches—it’s what they fall into that they mess up. 

no worms in this dude

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 3

8 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I clicked on this link because I was genuinely intrigued...   Guess what the first two words I saw were?

"OPINION / COMMENTARY"

It is very important to distinguish between an article, and an opinion piece.     C'mon Lifer.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I clicked on this link because I was genuinely intrigued...   Guess what the first two words I saw were?

"OPINION / COMMENTARY"

It is very important to distinguish between an article, and an opinion piece.     C'mon Lifer.

I don't think I stated that this was an article or an opinion piece, but I will make sure to do so in the future so as not to upset you.

When linking opinion pieces, I tend to research the authors.  Both work for the Hoover Institute at Stanford with Mr. Hoover being the President of a company that consults with pharmaceutical and biotech companies.

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

On 8/30/2021 at 12:58 PM, Cr1028 said:

They test you for antibodies associated with the nucleocapsid and spike proteins separately but in the same blood draw. Valuable information there.

I did this and it was very helpful, confirmed I never had COVID (which I expected) and that I did still have antibodies from the vaccine.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

13 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

oh, I knew exactly what article he was going to link.

Not just an opinion piece, but one co-authored by one of the developers of Ivermectin…and an opinion piece that a day later the WSJ published a retraction on due to one of studies cited had been discredited.

Dang.  CBL over here like:
giphy.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

Lifer doesn't seem to care about the fluidity of current topics. When asking for data, then given data, it is crickets. 

The fall out from that fake study was pretty epic.  Then all of the editorial boards having to backtrack on given it the wide open treatments. 

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02081-w

Then original publishing that got that ball rolling: 

https://grftr.news/why-was-a-major-study-on-ivermectin-for-covid-19-just-retracted/

Then of course, the retraction:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/egyptian-ivermectin-study-retracted-covid-11627527903

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, meangreenacct said:

I did this and it was very helpful, confirmed I never had COVID (which I expected) and that I did still have antibodies from the vaccine.

I’m glad you got it done. Our results were interesting. I never had symptomatic Covid but my wife did. We both test positive for for both types of antibodies. My mom tested negative for both so I told her she should talk to her doctor about getting vaccinated because I don’t think ahe would survive if she contracted the virus. She says she is worried about getting terribly ill or dying from the vaccine itself because of her health issues. I told her it is very important that she talk to her doctor about it.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I’m glad you got it done. Our results were interesting. I never had symptomatic Covid but my wife did. We both test positive for for both types of antibodies. My mom tested negative for both so I told her she should talk to her doctor about getting vaccinated because I don’t think ahe would survive if she contracted the virus. She says she is worried about getting terribly ill or dying from the vaccine itself because of her health issues. I told her it is very important that she talk to her doctor about it.

Yea - I agree that's the best approach. I am significantly immunocompromised and was a little hesitant at first, but after consulting with doctor, determined vaccine was the best approach. I know not all conditions are the same, but I had very light reaction and no lingering effects.

• Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, meangreenacct said:

Yea - I agree that's the best approach. I am significantly immunocompromised and was a little hesitant at first, but after consulting with doctor, determined vaccine was the best approach. I know not all conditions are the same, but I had very light reaction and no lingering effects.

Thanks a ton.

• Thanks 1

I tested positive this morning. That means I don't have to sit in a stuffy box of previously "Covid is a hoax" types at my FIL's suite in Darryl K this weekend.  The other positive is that I merely took the test, at my wife's insistence, because I had a cough Monday night and mentioned the next morning how I had the chills while running to take a piss (my toilet is on the other side of the house lol).  Of course she keeps it at 67 at night so it could have been that lol.  My only symptom was that very light cough (no spasms or anything) and I clear my throat from time to time.  If this is the extent of it then I have to attribute that to the vaccine.  I have way too many daily pills I take to curtail self-inflicted pre-conditions.  The argument that the vaccine could be worse than CoVid is absolutely not one I will ever understand.

13 hours ago, All About UNT said:

I tested positive this morning. That means I don't have to sit in a stuffy box of previously "Covid is a hoax" types at my FIL's suite in Darryl K this weekend.  The other positive is that I merely took the test, at my wife's insistence, because I had a cough Monday night and mentioned the next morning how I had the chills while running to take a piss (my toilet is on the other side of the house lol).  Of course she keeps it at 67 at night so it could have been that lol.  My only symptom was that very light cough (no spasms or anything) and I clear my throat from time to time.  If this is the extent of it then I have to attribute that to the vaccine.  I have way too many daily pills I take to curtail self-inflicted pre-conditions.  The argument that the vaccine could be worse than CoVid is absolutely not one I will ever understand.

Get well soon dude. 

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Sincerely hope your case is mild and you feel better soon.