Jace Ruder will be given the chance to prove himself in Denton

meangreen11

It’s a new chapter in Denton, and a new chapter in Ruder’s career. After a rough time in North Carolina, the Kansas native has come to North Texas with a chip on his shoulder. He may have been unable to beat out star quarterback Sam Howell and backup Jacolby Criswell, but he should definitely have an easier time here in Denton. The Mean Green’s quarterback room should not be as competitive as what he had to deal with at North Carolina, and there’s no doubt in my mind he will try to take advantage of this.

Read more:  https://www.ntdaily.com/column-jace-ruder-will-be-given-the-chance-to-prove-himself-in-denton/

Edited by meangreen11
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 1

11 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

Does this mean Ruder is the starter? 

No, it's an article that was written and we had a thread about 6 months ago.

12 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

Would Harry post his picture as the header if he wasn't?

When it comes to the workings of Harry's mind . . .

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47uu6oczg5ypw0549msp

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Boy! 1

It will still boil down to Coach Phil Bennett’s Defense because I think Coach Seth Littrell’s offense will be at juggernaut stage by the 3’rd or 4’th game.  6 wins minimum for this team.  We are all conditioned to not embrace such news of improvement, but the last 3 recruiting classes & recent portal transfers will change that beginning this season.  

Historical Day Today:
It is the 50’th anniversary of Martin Luther King, Jr’s “I Have A Dream” speech. I was 12 & in Washington D.C the week before he gave his famous speech.
We should try to embrace & heed the spirit of his speech now more than ever.  
Just my 2 cents. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

It will still boil down to Coach Phil Bennett’s Defense because I think Coach Seth Littrell’s offense will be at juggernaut stage by the 3’rd or 4’th game.  6 wins minimum for this team.  We are all conditioned to not embrace such news of improvement, but the last 3 recruiting classes & recent portal transfers will change that beginning this season.  

Defense will determine our success. They don't have to be great, just good. Our offense will be good regardless who is taking the snaps

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Defense will determine our success. They don't have to be great, just good. Our offense will be good regardless who is taking the snaps

Our offense was about 90% Darden and he’s gone and had success during times where we was getting blown out which was every game. I think people have a false sense about how good our offense was. Just my opinion 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1