Who is the QB Starter?

MeanGreen_MBA

I'll even go a little further and break down why some of us are a little concerned about Ruder's passing ability (at least the things I saw that concerned me):

2-3 of those "drops", were passes that receivers had to adjust & come back to because they were underthrown.   He's gotta put some more on those passes.   If every pass was like that TD beauty he threw Burns, we'd all be saying "Aune who?".
Then, there were at least 2 deep passes along the sideline that I watched our receivers have to go out of bounds to even have an opportunity to catch.  He's gotta give his receivers a chance to catch those in bounds.

Accuracy is a concern.
In the handful of passes Aune had, he appeared to be slightly more accurate.  Including that 30 yd bomb to Burns.

If Ruder doesn't get his accuracy up, the SMU secondary is gonna make him pay, and he'll find himself on the bench.

• Upvote 5

Hard to remember a time when this many of the green Nation went after a QB who won his first game after being in camp for what about a month. It's a good thing none of our previous quarterbacks ever had a bad game (nice our standards are so high that 40+ is a bad game) or we would have been switching quarterbacks four to five times per season.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I'll even go a little further and break down why some of us are a little concerned about Ruder's passing ability (at least the things I saw that concerned me):

2-3 of those "drops", were passes that receivers had to adjust & come back to because they were underthrown.   He's gotta put some more on those passes.   If every pass was like that TD beauty he threw Burns, we'd all be saying "Aune who?".
Then, there were at least 2 deep passes along the sideline that I watched our receivers have to go out of bounds to even have an opportunity to catch.  He's gotta give his receivers a chance to catch those in bounds.

Accuracy is a concern.
In the handful of passes Aune had, he appeared to be slightly more accurate.  Including that 30 yd bomb to Burns.

If Ruder doesn't get his accuracy up, the SMU secondary is gonna make him pay, and he'll find himself on the bench.

This.  Add in the INT on the first drive after halftime. The DB never has a chance if that ball is thrown out in front, or even over the top as the safety had cleared out.  I boil that down to timing and rust and expect to see that cleaned up next week.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

This.  Add in the INT on the first drive after halftime. The DB never has a chance if that ball is thrown out in front, or even over the top as the safety had cleared out.  I boil that down to timing and rust and expect to see that cleaned up next week.

NW State had some good players in the secondary. Very tall corners who could run.