Who is the QB Starter?

MeanGreen_MBA

4 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Let’s not use fan board opinions as our basis for confirming team news. 
In his recent interview, Seth said they were pretty much decided on a starter but were not ready to name him. Didn’t indicate at all which one it was. 

He was indicating that the starter is the one that has a wife

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Let’s not use fan board opinions as our basis for confirming team news. 
In his recent interview, Seth said they were pretty much decided on a starter but were not ready to name him. Didn’t indicate at all which one it was. 

the only thing I am confirming is an indication.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Udomann said:

Why even have a fan board then? The fun here is superstition, conjecture, well wishing, and hot headed ideas so big you could float to the moon on them.

Basically we are a Ouija board of sports. Not a lick of sense but all fun until someone summons the ancient evil spirit of RV

I didn’t say don’t speculate. I said don’t use that speculation as confirmation of team news. Essentially people are using fan speculation to confirm their speculation. We saw this a week or two ago when people misinterpreted a Vito depth chart speculation as gospel truth and began running with it. Thankfully Billy was on the podcast because it was also initially treated as an official depth chart in that podcast discussion. 
That was my point. Now speculate! 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2

I'm going to guess Littrell won't publicly name a starter for this game. He doesn't really have to. I fully expect to see "or" on the depth chart when it comes out in a few days...we'll get our answer when the starter runs out on the field with the offense Saturday.

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 5

We will know the starter later today after Littrell's presser.

Hopefully @Brett Vito will post a picture of the full depth chart so we can see it ourselves.

I'm pretty sure we'll see both QBs on Saturday though.   
Whoever starts should have the offense at about 28-35 pts by halftime.   The next guy will come in 1/2-way through the 3rd quarter until mid-4th quarter.  Martin will finish it out with a very healthy lead & a bunch of handoffs.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I'm going to guess Littrell won't publicly name a starter for this game. He doesn't really have to. I fully expect to see "or" on the depth chart when it comes out in a few days...we'll get our answer when the starter runs out on the field with the offense Saturday.

I'm not even sure we'll have a true answer then.  It wouldn't shock me for SL to have two different QBs take the starting snap in the NW State game vs. the SMU game.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2

51 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

If so that is unacceptable.  The team needs a damned leader named yesterday!  Quit playing games #35!

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 6

As far as naming a starter for the NW St game, I think Aune will start this game just because of his game experience. Rudder will also play a lot too but later in the game. This game is just a “pre-season warm up” for what is to come. Many players will get to play. Many different formations too. Gives the $mu coaches a lot to prepare for.

I think Littrell is looking ahead to the $mu game. The real starter will be chosen for this game, based on how the QB play develops vs NW St.  

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

As far as naming a starter for the NW St game, I think Aune will start this game just because of his game experience. Rudder will also play a lot too but later in the game. This game is just a “pre-season warm up” for what is to come. Many players will get to play. Many different formations too. Gives the $mu coaches a lot to prepare for.

I think Littrell is looking ahead to the $mu game. The real starter will be chosen for this game, based on how the QB play develops vs NW St.  

So we are going to base a QB decision on how they play against a bad FCS defense instead of how they look against a FBS defense (ours)???

We scored 57 points last year in our “preseason” game. How’d that work out for predicting future QB play? 

And if they both play good? 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, meanrob said:

We scored 57 points last year in our “preseason” game. How’d that work out for predicting future QB play? 

And if they both play good? 

Turned out to not be so great after we kept swapping QBs for the season. 

Pick a QB, let him learn to be a leader instead of dangling the carrot then ripping the rug out from under him. Mistakes are part of learning. You don't jump onto the field a leader, you develop it.

Seth did these guys no favors by not letting one develop. Instead they lived in fear their next play would get them replaced. Caveat of course if they are just really, really, like DiNucci levels of bad

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

Gosh mean rob and udoman did I make you guys mad? 
i was just scattershooting a possible scenario. 
I am so glad fans like you are ready to pounce on other fans posting to prove that you know more about football than any fan on this board! Just my opinion.

What a moronic response…

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 6

15 minutes ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

Gosh mean rob and udoman did I make you guys mad? 
i was just scattershooting a possible scenario. 
I am so glad fans like you are ready to pounce on other fans posting to prove that you know more about football than any fan on this board! Just my opinion.

I’m not mad at anyone who has that opinion, I just have yet to see someone explain why and how your scenario will work. If the first game is so easy and a throwaway game, why is that the game that will decide the QB situation? 

We did this last year, it didn’t work out. Why do people think it will work this year? 

If I’m on “Freaking out on QB” island alone, so be it. I have no idea how this works out so I’m not smarter than anyone. But I do know that deciding your QB during the season is not a winning path. 

Edited by meanrob
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks meanrob.

I believe coach Littrell is planning some things for the $mu coaches to see which will force $mu to make adjustment changes in their game plan against us. 

No I do not want to change QB’s all season long either. 

Again I was just scattershooting an idea. Nothing written in stone. The coaches will make their own game plans.

9 minutes ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

Thanks meanrob.

I believe coach Littrell is planning some things for the $mu coaches to see which will force $mu to make adjustment changes in their game plan against us. 

No I do not want to change QB’s all season long either. 

Again I was just scattershooting an idea. Nothing written in stone. The coaches will make their own game plans.

Unfortunately I think your scenario is what will happen. 

To me you pick a #1 and he plays until we have sixty. Then #2 can trot out there. If #1 leads us to two TD drives you don’t go “hey, let’s see what the other guy can do.”  

Feel free to serve this back up to me when we’re 9-3 and getting great quarterback play from whoever played better in the first game. I’ll gladly admit I was wrong. 

• Upvote 1

UNT Jim 

I am glad the NT fan base includes you to be the judge on all things UNT. 
I have been a strong NT athletics backer since 1967. I have seen more NT football games than you can dream about. 
Just like you I have my opinions but I do not need a idiot like you saying stupid judgmental postings against me!

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

13 minutes ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

UNT Jim 

I am glad the NT fan base includes you to be the judge on all things UNT. 
I have been a strong NT athletics backer since 1967. I have seen more NT football games than you can dream about. 
Just like you I have my opinions but I do not need a idiot like you saying stupid judgmental postings against me!

Your bubblegum, rainbows and unicorn posts prove otherwise

• Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 5