North Texas predicted to win C-USA in 2021

Coach Andy Mac

most likely trying to draw the attention from ND having the 4th most offensive mascot in sports these days.  I guess the Irish are upset.  I am from Irish decent and I am not offended btw.   I might be offend if I was Irish Leprechaun though?   

I sure Mean Green will be on the list soon after all Mean is not nice.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Maybe it’s the gambling side of me but I equate a prediction with something you want to get right. So I’d say it’s more about reality than positivity. 

I’d love to see that extensive list of G5 programs that don’t win consistently yet still draw big crowds. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

The P5 list is probably not much better 

Probably not but I know South Carolina was drawing 80k back in the 90s and 00s when they were bad. They still sell out during lousy seasons. But definitely the exception.

My point was attendance isn’t driven by message board “negativity”.  

• Upvote 2

So confused about why the reaction here is to reject this projection outright. I mean, the URL "gomeangreen" does appear to suggest support of the program.

Looking back at last year, there seem to be two clear areas that a movement toward league average would go a long way toward improving the possibility of a division title

Long Scrimmage Plays Allowed

Turnover Margin/Game

• 2020: 108th in FBS

I tend to think the author has identified a division without an obvious pick and then looked at recent recruiting and landed on the Mean Green as his choice until they prove it incorrect, I'm going to join him in anticipating this outcome for our squad

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Marty said:

nothing would surprise me in CUSA.

It is funny that one day all of the college football sports writers and rag mags were saying that North Texas was in the outhouse! Now all of the same people are saying that North Texas will win CUSA, and are heading to the penthouse! Amazing !!!

Talk about changing a horse in the middle of the stream!

zi expect many North Texas fans will be changing their minds about North Texas football this season!!!

Go Mean Green!!! 

• Upvote 2

Every single year - I come in thinking we have all the tools but need to just use them. I do not know I do that to myself. Then, in the second game of the season, I convince myself that HBU, Incarnate Word or ACU is actually going to kill us like PSU did. Eventually I settle into my ability to just focus on play of individual players and root for them to have a solid season... I spend a ton of money on this hobby of North Texas football. Sometimes I question why and don't want to succumb to some sunk cost logic. But then the season is over, I get bored during the post basketball, pre-football period, I get a letter telling me that I need to buy or else I am going to lose all of my sunk cost club seats... and then I am back on the vicious cycle again. 

Why can't we win CUSA this year? It's just the CUSA. We can. Why not? Sure - right now - we can win this. Let's do it. 

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1