WhiteOut on September 4th

Felozano

On 8/27/2021 at 5:49 AM, SilverEagle said:

And while you are ordering. Don't forget one of the most important things (at least for now) for attending games....https://unt.bncollege.com/shop/ProductDisplay?storeId=71237&productId=400000514250&urlRequestType=Base&langId=-1&catalogId=10001

I haven’t heard anything about masks at Apogee this season. CDC has not said anything about needing to mask outdoors, only indoors 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

I haven’t heard anything about masks at Apogee this season. CDC has not said anything about needing to mask outdoors, only indoors 

Correct.  Looks like this is the official page for any updates/changes to mask policy (and others)

https://meangreensports.com/sports/2021/7/11/2021-football-full-capacity.aspx#health

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Just a guess, but I think the CDC catches enough undeserved hell from the general population (especially the part of the population that struggled in their science classes) to even suggest that it would be a good idea to wear a mask at sporting events......even if you have been vaccinated. This is just MY opinion, but walking around outside whilst breathing and talking in a normal manner IS for the most part safe. BUT IMHO, when you go to a sporting event. Especially one that you care about. You are not going to be breathing, talking, etc in a NORMAL manner. If you are doing the fan thing the right way, you'll be launching those potentially lethal droplets much further than when you take a simple stroll outdoors.  

NOW if we all want to revert to the old days of North Texas fan behavior, where the fans acknowledged great plays with polite tennis applause......then we are all going to be very safe........😎.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 3

5 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Just a guess, but I think the CDC catches enough undeserved hell from the general population (especially the part of the population that struggled in their science classes) to even suggest that it would be a good idea to wear a mask at sporting events......even if you have been vaccinated. This is just MY opinion, but walking around outside whilst breathing and talking in a normal manner IS for the most part safe. BUT IMHO, when you go to a sporting event. Especially one that you care about. You are not going to be breathing, talking, etc in a NORMAL manner. If you are doing the fan thing the right way, you'll be launching those potentially lethal droplets much further than when you take a simple stroll outdoors.  

NOW if we all want to revert to the old days of North Texas fan behavior, where the fans acknowledged great plays with polite tennis applause......then we are all going to be very safe........😎.

I see the mask as another opportunity to add additional Mean Green flair to the game day battle uniform of we the fans.   I’ll likely wear one most of the time.  I’ll be sitting with my 80 year old parents, so I want to set a good example for them. 😉 (All fully vaccinated)

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

15 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I see the mask as another opportunity to add additional Mean Green flair to the game day battle uniform of we the fans.   I’ll likely wear one most of the time.  I’ll be sitting with my 80 year old parents, so I want to set a good example for them. 😉 (All fully vaccinated)

I like this term a lot. 👍

2 hours ago, THOR said:

oh holy hell....going there tomorrow...thank you for this information

Love the flying worm!  Many of us on GMG have sat by its creator (the late Richard “Rick” Scarborough Spears) who with a pen & a cocktail napkin described how he first drew it out for Hayden Fry. Rick would do that in an almost play by play sort of way as he described it!  It was funny to watch Rick do it. 

RIP, Rick—you are missed. 

❇️🦅❇️

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

On 9/1/2021 at 11:26 AM, PlummMeanGreen said:

I got my Voertmans flying worm white T-shirt yesterday after visiting my sister & a 1’st cousin over in Lewisville.  

A3657127-B578-4499-B855-C5BA234AE4CE.jpeg.08179c8b24a171e9f3e27599d710ce6e.jpeg

Got mine today. Girl at counter said they had sold lots of them today. Mostly small & medium left.

• Upvote 4