DRC: UNT has one of the most unusual QB trios in college football with two married guys and another who is engaged

Brett Vito

Great research and write up @Brett Vito! Neat storyline on the most intriguing position group on the team. Love seeing Ruder’s approach to getting here, getting settled, and getting straight to work with off-season training and call camp. Looking forward to seeing how this race shakes out, and grateful that we have three first-class young men wearing the Mean Green uniform.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I would agree.  Also, marriage doesn't equate maturity.

I remember the QB we had a few years ago that was very promising under I believe Josh Greer that had gotten a girl pregnant and it impacted his ability to excel. He didn't come back the following year.

5 hours ago, Danish43 said:

I remember the QB we had a few years ago that was very promising under I believe Josh Greer that had gotten a girl pregnant and it impacted his ability to excel. He didn't come back the following year.

That's the reason he was a statue and had a noodle arm?

5 hours ago, Danish43 said:

Yep, Dajon Williams.  I don't know if that affected his ability to excel, but I remember an episode of Beyond the Green where they were talking about how much more mature he would naturally be because he knocked up his girlfriend. 🙄

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I guess next year we roll out an all-new, all-star QB group on their walkers?

Kidding aside. A married man can be a dangerous tool if he has NFL money making potential.

Or it can be a dud once their focus has to shift to a lucrative career of managing an Arby's to afford diapers. Cause that craps is expensive.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Yep, Dajon Williams.  I don't know if that affected his ability to excel, but I remember an episode of Beyond the Green where they were talking about how much more mature he would naturally be because he knocked up his girlfriend. 🙄

I remember the child’s birth was the reason he was not active for the Texas game where Greer and McNulty combined to go 3 of 17 for 15 yards and 4 picks. The absolute worst quarterback showing I have ever seen at any level.

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Udomann said:

I don't normally respond to my own messages, but the poor guy who just eye-rolled this, you are going to have a very (VERY) interesting love life. My condolences to your soon to be destroyed sense of masculinity, may god have mercy on your soul.

image.png.267a41b97c3889c28e54439352eb675b.png

Wow, really?  That's a stretch.  Learn a sense of humor, or the intrawebz is going to cause you heart issues.  

• Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 2