FOX Sports analyst Dave Wannstedt says several Big 12 teams on the verge of finding new conferences

Coach Andy Mac

FOX Sports college football analyst and former Pitt Panthers head coach Dave Wannstedt dropped a bomb ahead of the big announcement on Tuesday afternoon that the ACC, Big Ten, and Pac-12 plan to form an alliance, leaving the Big 12 conference out of the mix.

Wannstedt said on 670 the Score that several Big 12 schools are already making plans to join other conferences in the future. He said Oklahoma State and Kansas State will join the Pac-12, West Virginia will join the ACC and Kansas and Iowa State will join the Big Ten.

Read more:  https://news.google.com/articles/CBMilwFodHRwczovL3d3dy5zYXR1cmRheWRvd25zb3V0aC5jb20vY29sbGVnZS1mb290YmFsbC9mb3gtc3BvcnRzLWFuYWx5c3QtZGF2ZS13YW5uc3RlZHQtc2F5cy1zZXZlcmFsLWJpZy0xMi10ZWFtcy1vbi10aGUtdmVyZ2Utb2YtZmluZGluZy1uZXctY29uZmVyZW5jZXMv0gGbAWh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LnNhdHVyZGF5ZG93bnNvdXRoLmNvbS9jb2xsZWdlLWZvb3RiYWxsL2ZveC1zcG9ydHMtYW5hbHlzdC1kYXZlLXdhbm5zdGVkdC1zYXlzLXNldmVyYWwtYmlnLTEyLXRlYW1zLW9uLXRoZS12ZXJnZS1vZi1maW5kaW5nLW5ldy1jb25mZXJlbmNlcy9hbXAv?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, WanderingEagle said:

If I'm the Pac-12.... what in the world does Kansas State bring to the table that TCU, Baylor, Tech do not? 

You would think one of them would want a team in Texas. TCU could help with the DFW Metroplex. Is Waco close enough for all of the west coast transplants in Austin? Maybe he is thinking no one want the Private/Church affiliated schools. That said I would still pick Tech over KSU

• Skeptical Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I've slept recently.  What did I predict?

Nothing, which is why you are more credible. 

Every college reporter/blogger is doing whatever it takes to find the next move in realignment and yet somehow Wannstedt has the next three moves. Not to mention this has been thrown out there before, but not as a reported prediction, just as something that makes sense. Which means it definitely won’t happen. 

Also I’d like to take this opportunity to announce an historic alliance with UNTLifer that will change nothing, do nothing and mean nothing. Thank you. 

Sorry UNTLifer, for some reason your handle just came to me when thinking about all this.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, meanrob said:

Nothing, which is why you are more credible. 

Every college reporter/blogger is doing whatever it takes to find the next move in realignment and yet somehow Wannstedt has the next three moves. Not to mention this has been thrown out there before, but not as a reported prediction, just as something that makes sense. Which means it definitely won’t happen. 

Also I’d like to take this opportunity to announce an historic alliance with UNTLifer that will change nothing, do nothing and mean nothing. Thank you. 

Sorry UNTLifer, for some reason your handle just came to me when thinking about all this.

No worries.  I make dumb ass predictions all the time.  Just making sure there wasn't one I couldn't remember.

Oh, and regarding our alliance, we are going to be bad ass!

You Rock GIF

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, if they don't find a P5 conference, I'd like to join with them and form the Texas Division of the AAC, along with SMU and Houston who are already members.  I'd also like to add Rice.  Heck, I'd also entertain UTEP, UTSA, and Texas State for a 10 team Texas Conference but still think that the AAC is the way to go.  They have three of the best G5 teams in UCF, Cincinnati, and Memphis and USF also can be tough.  We'd also gain a good commissioner.  Work on it Wren!

Edit: I forgot about East Carolina so for an 18-team conference we'd likely have to move Tulsa to the Texas/West Division.