Big Ten, ACC, PAC-12 to Announce Alliance

BillySee58

14 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

These big conferences want it all.  Top tier college football will be about these 16+ team league alliances.  Remember when the minimum stadium capacity (20K?) thing came up years ago and UNT had enlarge Fouts?  Just to be in Division 1A (the top division at the time). 

Next, the anointment of a few conferences as P5 leagues.  These new P4 alliances are nothing more than the same initiative, wrapped in a different presentation.  They want it all.  And quite frankly, the Fed should be looking into real collusion in college football/athletics.

The feds don’t need to be anywhere near college football. They have a few more pressing issues to address now and seeing how much they have effed up so much, they probably would just make it worse than it is already. Think NCAA but much worse and more crooked…

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

17 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

These big conferences want it all.  Top tier college football will be about these 16+ team league alliances.  Remember when the minimum stadium capacity (20K?) thing came up years ago and UNT had enlarge Fouts?  Just to be in Division 1A (the top division at the time). 

Next, the anointment of a few conferences as P5 leagues.  These new P4 alliances are nothing more than the same initiative, wrapped in a different presentation.  They want it all.  And quite frankly, the Fed should be looking into real collusion in college football/athletics.

I’m interested to know what are they colluding to do? I think what they’re doing now is legal isn’t it? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I’m interested to know what are they colluding to do? I think what they’re doing now is legal isn’t it? 

Crap!  I dunno.  Anytime these conferences make a move UNT gets left behind.  If UNT gets left behind again by being in CUSA, aka the conference to nowhere, then we get screwed out of moving up. 

Crap again.  I'm just throwing angry spitballs.

• Upvote 2

If we do not move up to a better conference it is no one's fault but our own.  We all pretty much understand what it takes to play with the "big boys" and we have not done what it takes.  We have to raise money, buy tickets to events, get more alumni involved and WIN GAMES!  It is much easier to do the other stuff if we WIN GAMES.  Basketball is doing its part and so are most other sports if we can just get that defense fix then I believe our football woes will improve as will our record and the time IS NOW!

Give money, attend games, bring your friends and be Loud!!!

GO MEAN GREEN
WIN GAMES!!!

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Crap!  I dunno.  Anytime these conferences make a move UNT gets left behind.  If UNT gets left behind again by being in CUSA, aka the conference to nowhere, then we get screwed out of moving up. 

Crap again.  I'm just throwing angry spitballs.

Word. I feel the same