Keith Jackson's father says Oscar Adaway has torn his ACL

WanderingEagle

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

I know we will have someone step up, but there is no downplaying this: this is a huge blow. Adaway was gonna destroy CUSA 

He had all conference written all over him. Time for the younger ones to step up. Luckily we have a stable. Going to miss seeing adaway. 

• Upvote 3

Just reviewing Adaway's profile coming out of HS:
3-star, T100 national position rank, offers from Colorado State, Southern Miss, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Central Arkansas, Eastern Illinois, Indiana State, Southeast Missouri State, Tennessee-Martin and Texas State
Current size: 6-0/217

My impression of Adaway's style is, bruising.  Relentless motor that embraces contact, with above-CUSA level strength and good speed. can run around defenders with enough room.

...this loss reveals one of the bigger question marks now heading into Game 1: what will we be at RB?  Let's take a blind look at that position, specifically RBs listed on roster not named Torrey.  We know what he brings.

RB1: 3-star, 89 national position rank, offers from Ole Miss, Tennessee, Utah State, Colorado State, Boise State, Nevada, New Mexico, Wyoming, Western Kentucky and Sam Houston State
Current size: 5-11/208
RB2: 3-star, 88 national position rank, offers from Texas State, Abilene Christian, Eastern New Mexico and Incarnate Word
Current size: 6-0/216
RB3: 3-star, 8 ranked overall in NV, offers from Air Force, Arizona, BYU, Fresno State, Hawaii, New Mexico, Oregon and Southern Miss
Current size: 6-0/212
RB4: Current size: 5-7/197.  No HS info listed but I was impressed by the video coming out of spring (just a couple days ago)
RB5: Current size: 5-6/195.  Joined program as walk-on

Reasons for optimism: We have 3 guys that fit Adaway's physical mold.  5-11 or 6-0, 210ish-plus lbs.  All 3* guys with impressive/respectable offer lists coming out of HS.  @BillySee58 has spent a couple seasons hammering home the point that this team's depth, with regard to players with multiple P5/G5 offers, is unlike anything we have ever seen.  This is a perfect time and place for us to see this unfold.  I will drink the Mean Green Koolaid and say it will happen.  This week coaches will take a look at RBs 1-3 above, and witness enough potential production to keep DT in a more pass-catching role.  I feel this way yet, at the same time, I'm still gonna hurt about Adaway.  My personal belief was 2021 was going to reveal a trifecta (Ruder, Shorter, Adaway) that Denton has not seen a good while.

Reasons for pessimism: lack of evidence.  We are at a point in SL's tenure where most fans are in "I'll believe it when I see it" mode.  I think we've seen some KJ, but not enough to negate any concerns about the loss of Adaway.  Also, really tough to replace a motor like Adaway's.  That level of intensity is rare.  Made his presence on the field much bigger than 6-0/217#.

RB1 Keith Jackson RB2 Isaiah Johnson RB3 Ikaika Ragsdale RB4 Ayo Adeyi RB5 Dawson Nobriga

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2