Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

  • image.png

Scrimmage 8/21 Thread: Final Day of Fall Camp


Recommended Posts

Coach Andy Mac
This post was recognized by Coach Andy Mac!

"Great info"

NorthTexasSportsNetwork was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 25 points.

A lot of things went down. Some stuff I noticed.

Running back room is deep. Guys like Isaiah Johnson, Keith Jackson etc are gonna be good down the road.

Defensive line is just so good. Murphy twins are the future.

Good 1v1 with WRs and DBs. 

Caleb Johnson should see the field often.

Torrey and Thompson took kicks back, with Torrey doing punts as well.

Gabe Blair is a future star because he is strong as shit.

Defensive backs like Upton, Sanders, Whitlock etc are on redemption year. Very motivated and showing that they want to get better.

We should be competing with SMU type schools in the coming years. No reason why we shouldn’t. 

1st team O was pretty solid with guys like shorter and Thompson making nice plays.

I had to limit what I say on here and Twitter, but I’ll leave it at this:

 

Edited by NorthTexasSportsNetwork
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Aunt/Ruder and Torrey/Adaway comments in 3, 2, 1...

Not quite.

Ruder and Aune looked both the same. Not much standing out with both of them, but I’m confident we see Aune start week 1 and see how things roll.

Both split reps at first team 

Edited by NorthTexasSportsNetwork
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheColonyEagle said:

That’s exciting. If our D Line is as good this year as some are reporting. We could very well surprise some people this year. Excited to see the early matchup at home vs UAB. That will tell us something. 

We should matchup with UAB very well. Yeah they got some SEC/P5 transfers, but our guys are very very confident and just flat out huge. 
Having the game at home is massive.

  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

A lot of things went down. Some stuff I noticed.

Running back room is deep. Guys like Isaiah Johnson, Keith Jackson etc are gonna be good down the road.

Defensive line is just so good. Murphy twins are the future.

Good 1v1 with WRs and DBs. 

Caleb Johnson should see the field often.

Torrey and Thompson took kicks back, with Torrey doing punts as well.

Gabe Blair is a future star because he is strong as shit.

Defensive backs like Upton, Sanders, Whitlock etc are on redemption year. Very motivated and showing that they want to get better.

We should be competing with SMU type schools in the coming years. No reason why we shouldn’t. 

1st team O was pretty solid with guys like shorter and Thompson making nice plays.

I had to limit what I say on here and Twitter, but I’ll leave it at this:

 

Let them play a game first before you compare them to the 2013 squad. Lol you get excited very easy don’t you 

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GreenGang45 said:

Let them play a game first before you compare them to the 2013 squad. Lol you get excited very easy don’t you 

Yes and no.

And it was more rankings wise. They were like picked 5th in the west for the 2013 pre season, and had good talent on both sides.

Its the same here. I know it’s practice and such, but this defense looks way bigger and better than the past 5 years under Seth. Bennett has those guys right, and he was the missing piece.

  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Yes and no.

And it was more rankings wise. They were like picked 5th in the west for the 2013 pre season, and had good talent on both sides.

Its the same here. I know it’s practice and such, but this defense looks way bigger and better than the past 5 years under Seth. Bennett has those guys right, and he was the missing piece.

Let’s revisit this mid-season. I hope you still feel the same 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Yes and no.

And it was more rankings wise. They were like picked 5th in the west for the 2013 pre season, and had good talent on both sides.

Its the same here. I know it’s practice and such, but this defense looks way bigger and better than the past 5 years under Seth. Bennett has those guys right, and he was the missing piece.

Thanks for the updates. And the optimism. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Not quite.

Ruder and Aune looked both the same. Not much standing out with both of them, but I’m confident we see Aune start week 1 and see how things roll.

I am of the believe that if they look the same at this point then Ruder should be getting the start

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Moreka!   Wow!

Loronzo Thompson is gonna be a star by the time he’s done here.

Yeah Moreka has moved into a big role. Turpin has fallen down the chart and it moved Brown back to LT and Moreka inside at LG. Very impressive so far.

Oline is, once again, going to be good. Great blocks on some runs by Torrey. 2nd string Oline was matched up against 1st team defense and whichever QB (Aune got smothered nearly every play towards the end) could barely get the ball out. It’s a good and bad sign, and to be honest something that you should Take with a grain of salt. 

We will find out what the trenches can do week 2.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Yeah Moreka has moved into a big role. Turpin has fallen down the chart and it moved Brown back to LT and Moreka inside at LG. Very impressive so far.

Oline is, once again, going to be good. Great blocks on some runs by Torrey. 2nd string Oline was matched up against 1st team defense and whichever QB (Aune got smothered nearly every play towards the end) could barely get the ball out. It’s a good and bad sign, and to be honest something that you should Take with a grain of salt. 

We will find out what the trenches can do week 2.

How did Adaway look today? Very excited to see his progress from last year to this year.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

If they’re at the same point it’ll probably be decided in game action. That’s what I’m expecting. 

I guess I’m the only one that thinks our biggest OOC game shouldn’t be used as a tryout. 
 

It’s happened that out of two guys who are close in practice one distances himself in games but it’s not the norm. Usually you are what you are after a month of fall camp. He doesn’t need to name a starter today but if we’re rotating against SMU, my expectations go way down. 

  • Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, meanrob said:

I guess I’m the only one that thinks our biggest OOC game shouldn’t be used as a tryout. 
 

It’s happened that out of two guys who are close in practice one distances himself in games but it’s not the norm. Usually you are what you are after a month of fall camp. He doesn’t need to name a starter today but if we’re rotating against SMU, my expectations go way down. 

When it comes to deciding the QB, I’m a lot less concerned in how I think it should go or how I think we should handle it. I’m more concerned with how Littrell is actually going to handle it based on what info we’re getting and what we know about Littrell’s MO.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think all three QBs should play at least a quarter against our FCS opening opponent. 
As far as RB “starter” I think that’s irrelevant. Torrey may start a game based on the scripted package SL wants to start out with and then Addaway get twice the carries. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

I think all three QBs should play at least a quarter against our FCS opening opponent. 

I respectfully disagree.  Pick one guy and play him the entire season.  Build his confidence.  Tell him even if he blows you are going to stand by him. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

I respectfully disagree.  Pick one guy and play him the entire season.  Build his confidence.  Tell him even if he blows you are going to stand by him. 

It's an FCS game.  I'm sure @97and03 was assuming a scenario where we are dominating.  Pulling out the first QB at halftime when we are up 30 points is not going to hurt his confidence.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



  • Tell a friend

    Love GoMeanGreen.com? Tell a friend!
  • What's going on Mean Green?

    1. 17

      What's Happening After Recruiting?

    2. 34

      Please stop blaming Wren Baker

    3. 34

      Please stop blaming Wren Baker

    4. 34

      Please stop blaming Wren Baker

    5. 0

      Graham Harrell

  • Popular Contributors

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      14,816
    • Most Online
      1,865

    Newest Member
    paboleo
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.