Scrimmage 8/21 Thread: Final Day of Fall Camp

BillySee58

15 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I’ll be glad to eat my words, but I don’t think I’ll have to. 
im not here to say bad things and bash the team because that’s not who I am. 

I hope you’re not ‘glad’ to eat your words. Lol. 

That would mean the season is becoming a huge disappointment. Hopefully you will be glad that your detractors are having to eat their words!!  I know I am hoping for that. 

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Glad to see Shorter back to form. He looks like he could be another special one. Was so disappointed to see him go down early last year. Would’ve been really fun to watch our offense with him and Darden. 

@northtexassportsnetwork how is Tommy Bush looking? Seems like another guy that could be a physical specimen, but does he have the make-up? 

I remember the wr from ou during the dodge years that we were all excited about, but he never could put it together. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, untlynchka1 said:

Glad to see Shorter back to form. He looks like he could be another special one. Was so disappointed to see him go down early last year. Would’ve been really fun to watch our offense with him and Darden. 

@northtexassportsnetwork how is Tommy Bush looking? Seems like another guy that could be a physical specimen, but does he have the make-up? 

I remember the wr from ou during the dodge years that we were all excited about, but he never could put it together. 

our WR room is so incredibly talented.  I feel like it's the best we've had but though to say when Guyton, Bussey, Darden were all on the same teams for multiple years.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I just want it on record that he was my “dark horse” pick when the question was asked*

*I also called Darden as special his first year 

tom hiddleston GIF

Does a dude who started on both sides of the ball as a true freshman and has been the starting slot receiver since the beginning of spring really qualify as a dark horse heading into the season?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Does a dude who started on both sides of the ball as a true freshman and has been the starting slot receiver since the beginning of spring really qualify as a dark horse heading into the season?

I don’t know, ask any random 10 fans 3 months ago who they thought the top 3 receivers would be this season and see how many times his name comes up

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 3

18 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I don’t know, ask any random 10 fans 3 months ago who they thought the top 3 receivers would be this season and see how many times his name comes up

3 months ago he had just gone through spring as a wire-to-wire starting receiver so probably depends on which random fans we’re talking to lol.

The ones who are plugged in and follow more religiously I think would consider one of our starting spring receivers as one of the top guys heading into the season. The more casual fans I’m not even sure if they would be able to name a 3rd receiver outside of Simpson and Shorter. Maybe Rod Burns but fans who know about Burns are likely heading into that die-hard territory where they are aware Thompson had just started the bowl game and caught two TDs after playing corner the weeks prior.

Not gonna lie, hard for me to get in the mind of the more casual fans but I envy being able to just show up on game days and not follow every ebb and flow of the drag that is the offseason.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

3 months ago he had just gone through spring as a wire-to-wire starting receiver so probably depends on which random fans we’re talking to lol.

The ones who are plugged in and follow more religiously I think would consider one of our starting spring receivers as one of the top guys heading into the season. The more casual fans I’m not even sure if they would be able to name a 3rd receiver outside of Simpson and Shorter. Maybe Rod Burns but fans who know about Burns are likely heading into that die-hard territory where they are aware Thompson had just started the bowl game and caught two TDs after playing corner the weeks prior.

Not gonna lie, hard for me to get in the mind of the more casual fans but I envy being able to just show up on game days and not follow every ebb and flow of the drag that is the offseason.

How is Burns doing? I noticed that he changed numbers. He's a good YAK guy. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, untlynchka1 said:

Bush saw some action with 1st team, but he seems to be behind Simpson on the depth chart. 
Bush hasn’t played much in his career, but I think he gets good experience this year and should be a great asset next year. 
I think he needs time to get used to the system, but I think he pans out. Made some nice catches 

• Upvote 3

On 8/21/2021 at 12:32 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

I am of the believe that if they look the same at this point then Ruder should be getting the start

I agree! He has had less time to prepare with the offense and can only get better. If he is as good as Aune is now, in a few weeks time when more comfortable with the offense, he should be night and day better than Aune, the fact people have them neck and neck is more telling of Ruder than Aune IMO. Ill Cheer for whoever, but doesnt mean I dont have a preference. We already know what Aune can and cant do.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1