Watching “Pony Excess”

emmitt01

50 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I’ve seen this 30 for 30 probably ten different times, and I never fail to walk away with the same two thoughts.  

1) I have no sympathy

2) There is no “history” at that school that doesn’t involve cheating

I watched it this morning too….

1. take the SMU hatred out of it….that’s still one of the best 30 for 30s. It’s so well done. 

2. I can’t believe the arrogance STILL to this day of the people that killed their program (Especially Eric Dickerson and some of the alumni) they should’ve told Dickerson to piss off when he demanded an audience with them. “YOU’RE a big reason we are where we are!”

3. I didn’t realize when UH hit 95 on the scoreboard against them in 1990 (edit: 1989) there was still over 6 minutes left in the game. How did they not hit 100?

Edited by TheColonyEagle

4 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I watched it this morning too….

1. take the SMU hatred out of it….that’s still one of the best 30 for 30s. It’s so well done. 

2. I can’t believe the arrogance STILL to this day of the people that killed their program (Especially Eric Dickerson and some of the alumni) they should’ve told Dickerson to piss off when he demanded an audience with them. “YOU’RE a big reason we are where we are!”

3. I didn’t realize when UH hit 95 on the scoreboard against them in 1990 there was still over 6 minutes left in the game. How did they not hit 100?

Even more pathetic—in 1989–when that UH game occurred, not 1990, SMU beat us in Dallas, 35-9…

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I loved that 30 For 30 show about the SMU Death Penalty.  It should have received an Emmy or at least a 🦅Scrappy.
•••Always wondered if SMU AD Bob “Smiley” Hitch🙄 set up that microphone that appeared to almost end the life of the NCAA official who grabbed hold of it.  
••• I loved that the SMU player who got all that SMU stuff started came from my birth city—Angleton freakin’ Texas.  Channel 8’s Dale Hansen made the kid a Texas hero with so many across the state. His name was David Stanley & he was a purdy’ fair football player for the purple & white AHS Wildcats. (Don’t think he ever made the SMU Mustang Athletic Hall of Fame but I’ll check & get back). 
••• Next time that particular 30/30 show repeats I will gleefully watch it again.  I am one of many on GMG who also thinks SMU has still not changed their ways—it’s just seems to be a DNA thing.  

🦅❇️🦅

• Upvote 3

A lot of fallacies in this program.  As usual, Hollywood likes to create history.  Truth is we weren't doing anything any other program was doing.  The big state schools like UT and TAMU were the ones that were really cheating.  They were also the ones who were pulling the strings at the NCAA and with Dale Hansen and WFAA.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

16 hours ago, mustangfan said:

A lot of fallacies in this program.  As usual, Hollywood likes to create history.  Truth is we weren't doing anything any other program was doing.  The big state schools like UT and TAMU were the ones that were really cheating.  They were also the ones who were pulling the strings at the NCAA and with Dale Hansen and WFAA.

I believe it was Norm Hitzges that said on the program: "If you're gonna cheat, you better be good at it"

John Candy Lol GIF

• Upvote 1