Siggers credits God with move to SMU

DentonStang

A new article is up on the SMU 247 site with an interview of Siggers.

Out if respect for 247 (a pay site) I won't post the whole thing, but here's some UNT-relevant highlights:

"On transfer process to SMU: "It was a bit stressful at the beginning, but God had his plan for me so I just stuck with it and kept faith. I was probably a week, week and a half and that's when I decided that's the place where I want to be. I was really just weighing all my options.""

"On returning to his hometown and the connection: "I've always wanted to come to SMU. Being a kid, coming to the playoff games here, I've always wanted to play on that field. It's always been a dream of mine.""

"On Dallas players returning back to SMU and what makes SMU a good spot: "I think it's just the family. It's really big here. Other places I've been to, it hasn't been like this. They were very welcoming, made us feel like home.

"We always talk about how the high school days went and stuff. It's kind of interesting"."

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 6

3 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

A new article is up on the SMU 247 site with an interview of Siggers.

Out if respect for 247 (a pay site) I won't post the whole thing, but here's some UNT-relevant highlights:

"On transfer process to SMU: "It was a bit stressful at the beginning, but God had his plan for me so I just stuck with it and kept faith. I was probably a week, week and a half and that's when I decided that's the place where I want to be. I was really just weighing all my options.""

"On returning to his hometown and the connection: "I've always wanted to come to SMU. Being a kid, coming to the playoff games here, I've always wanted to play on that field. It's always been a dream of mine.""

"On Dallas players returning back to SMU and what makes SMU a good spot: "I think it's just the family. It's really big here. Other places I've been to, it hasn't been like this. They were very welcoming, made us feel like home.

"We always talk about how the high school days went and stuff. It's kind of interesting"."

Good for Tre. Wish him nothing but the best in his new spot! He could be a very serviceable compliment to Bentley. 

34 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Siggers is old news around here. It really doesn’t matter. We are stacked at RB and he felt like he wouldn’t get snaps so he went on down the road to a school where he can get playing time because clearly they are not as deep. Good for him. 

I can feel the hair flip from here lol

Also that backfield is stacked 

• Upvote 1

Losing Siggers hurts, as evidenced by the sour grapes around here.  I thought that guy was Mean Green through and through by going from RB to DB to RB...  he proved he bought in & would do whatever was needed.   Sucks he changed his mind.

We'll be fine at RB.   SMU improved at RB, regardless of how much Siggers plays, just by adding him to their roster.

Glad he feels good on the Hilltop.   I hope he has -5yds & 5 fumbles on 9/5, then runs for over 100yds against everyone else.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

16 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Losing Siggers hurts, as evidenced by the sour grapes around here.  I thought that guy was Mean Green through and through by going from RB to DB to RB...  he proved he bought in & would do whatever was needed.   Sucks he changed his mind.

Wouldn't that kinda sour someone to the whole system? Guy has talent, but if your team is so unsettled that you get shifted to another role and back, I would feel like there's something not quite right. Either with yourself or the team management...

He's looking out for himself, that's respectable. The only part of this story that makes me sick is going to SMU. Hope he enjoys his new certified pre-owned hyundai

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1