Ruder got 1st snaps?

Tom McKrackin

On 8/18/2021 at 12:26 PM, GOMeanGO said:

So let me get this straight! Your advice to Ruder would be to waste another year of Eligibility at UNC, in hopes that he may or may not get the starting gig after Howell leaves. Got it! Great Advice! 

Ruder has all but immediately started Fall practice already listed as co-#1. He for certain has impressed somebody as his rise on the depth chart is very impressive.  Most any FBS G5 football program would be happy with either of our co-#1’s.
Just a gut feeling, but I do believe Ruder will be the outright starter by game #3. 

🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 5
  • Oh Boy! 1

26 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Ruder has all but immediately started Fall practice already listed as co-#1. He for certain has impressed somebody as his rise on the depth chart is very impressive.  Most any FBS G5 football program would be happy with either of our co-#1’s.
Just a gut feeling, but I do believe Ruder will be the outright starter by game #3. 

🦅

He should be the day one starter short of anything catastrophic. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 8/18/2021 at 1:09 PM, Cr1028 said:

No, my advice is for you to be a Mean Green fan first and a Jace Ruder fan second. Nobody knows who will be better when we get to game time. We just have to wait and see. If you truly love the Mean Green like I do, you’ll want the best person for this offense to start, regardless of where they came from or what accolades they attained elsewhere.

The Best Person to play RB isnt Torrey, you think I should just sit back and be ok with the fact the best guy in Adaway isnt getting the carries? There is a difference between being a fan, and being a homer. 

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

🦅

I don’t know why people keep bringing up this possibility. If this situation happens there’s no scenario where it comes from a good thing. Doesn’t mean Ruder can’t come in and play well but I don’t see replacing your quarterback a quarter into the season as a good thing. Here’s the scenarios-

Aune plays so bad he has to be replaced- not good 

SL can’t make up his mind so he plays it safe and starts Aune only to replace him- not good 

SL can’t pick a damn quarterback and keeps switching-not good 

Neither are good- not good 

Ruder isn’t a true freshman like Fine was. Transferring in and starting the first game happens ALL THE TIME. This whimsical “Oh we’ll just put in the other guy” is…you guessed it, not good. 

Edit- Tried to fix it but Plumm said Ruder would be the starter by game three. 

Edited by meanrob
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Every now and then I stop myself and wonder what might have been had Unjel Masters picked up a pigskin instead....

I can answer that. He would’ve been…not good. When we signed him I went to watch him play at SOC. He was 6’10 and got out rebounded and out hustled by a 6’3 guy. After that I wasn’t too hopeful. But he sure could do a flashy put-back slam once a game. 

• Haha 2

On 8/18/2021 at 12:05 PM, NWKGREEN said:

You all have no idea about a lot of stuff and it is quite amusing.  The best one will play and that’s the way it should be and nobody that is posting on this board will have any control over it. 

Nu-uh. You have no idea about a lot of stuff and it's even more amusing.

• Haha 1
  • Ray 2

3 hours ago, GOMeanGO said:

The Best Person to play RB isnt Torrey, you think I should just sit back and be ok with the fact the best guy in Adaway isnt getting the carries? There is a difference between being a fan, and being a homer. 

Have you even been reading how they are trying to move Torrey to the slot? Everyone already knows Adaway is the best back because we HAVE SEEN HIM PLAY AT NORTH TEXAS.

• Upvote 4

21 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Have you even been reading how they are trying to move Torrey to the slot? Everyone already knows Adaway is the best back because we HAVE SEEN HIM PLAY AT NORTH TEXAS.

I hope you are right, but we must wait. Thats the part thats never fun! Littrell does have love for veteran player sometimes, and sometimes its a little too much love. 

Edited by GOMeanGO
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

• 2 weeks later...