Ruder got 1st snaps?

Tom McKrackin

5 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

First of all, I hope that Aune and Ruder push one another enough to improve overall QB play. So that if something tragic happens during the season, there is not a fall off the cliff in overall QB performance.  I'll have to disagree with Mr. Go about the value of scrimmages. If you are able to attended the non-advertised scrimmages (audiences generally not invited) in the spring and fall, you can get a great opportunity to assess everyone's abilities.......and potential.

As much as I like Torrey as a RB, I think that what I'm reading about what the coaches are doing with him (working him in as a part-time slot receiver) is more ideal. Torrey is absolutely at his best when he has more space to work with.  Get the ball in his hands in a one-on-one with a DB or LB and he could be very devastating.......more so than he already is. He could be almost as effective as Darden was.....almost. Of course, he has better tackle-breaking ability than Darden, so maybe he could be just as effective.  So I have to rate Mr. Attaway and Mr. Johnson as the most ideal RB's just running from scrimmage.

If the O-line doesn't live up to it's "potential" this year, all this debate about Ruder, Aune, Drummond...and don't forget Martin,  is fairly moot. It'll then go back to the old situation of whoever can get rid of the ball fastest, or run for his life and throw on the run best, or just make a few yards running on a broken play.

AND, just as important as the QB situation is the development of the DL this season. I'm just as interested in this.....and just as concerned.

Very good Post! 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

You’re right, Criswell wasn’t going to get playing time over Howell, he was only going to get more than Shanbour, I mean Ruder. You got me all confused now that I know Ruder is good as Shanbour was. I am glad that you finally put it out there that Mason is every bit as good as Baker Mayfield. I appreciate your commentary. I was a big Shanbour and Mason fan so I look forward to continued mentorship for our other quarterbacks.

So let me get this straight! Your advice to Ruder would be to waste another year of Eligibility at UNC, in hopes that he may or may not get the starting gig after Howell leaves. Got it! Great Advice! 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, GOMeanGO said:

So let me get this straight! Your advice to Ruder would be to waste another year of Eligibility at UNC, in hopes that he may or may not get the starting gig after Howell leaves. Got it! Great Advice! 

No, my advice is for you to be a Mean Green fan first and a Jace Ruder fan second. Nobody knows who will be better when we get to game time. We just have to wait and see. If you truly love the Mean Green like I do, you’ll want the best person for this offense to start, regardless of where they came from or what accolades they attained elsewhere.

• Upvote 5

25 minutes ago, GOMeanGO said:

If this is true, then we are doomed, any word on Adaway playing with the ones, or is it still Torrey?

It’s about 50/50. Both should get a ton of PT.

And no we aren’t doomed. Aune isn’t Andrew McNulty, he is a talented player. From what I’ve been told, who I would consider very reliable, Aune has had a great week. Unless he throws like 3 picks against SMU, he’ll probably be the starter for the year.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, WanderingEagle said:

Obviously I hope we win, and this is jokes, but part of me really hopes Aune goes out and throws a pick six first drive on Sep. 4 just to drive a certain someone in this thread to the brink of madness.

Unfortunately that scenario would drive many of us to madness regardless of the name on the jersey.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, WanderingEagle said:

Obviously I hope we win, and this is jokes, but part of me really hopes Aune goes out and throws a pick six first drive on Sep. 4 just to drive a certain someone in this thread to the brink of madness.

I wish Seth would read this and start Kason Martin. Talk about madness

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Downvote 1